✗ sixteen ✗

chapter sixteen

My brother is surely up to something. He decides to take me out on Sunday morning and I had a great time. He spoke to me about his work and I spoke to her about school and surprisingly, it wasn't awkward after I admit what happened to Samuel and I.

I only hide the fact about Jay and he didn't ask, perhaps waiting for me to willingly open about it.

I wish that we'd done this a long time ago. He helped me pick out new clothes and when we were finished, I was tired and hungry.

Eunwoo decided that we get something to eat at the food court in the mall. So now we were sharing a table with hamburgers and fries in front of us.

He was perfectly covered in his face to not be recognized. If someone notice, I leave him alone to deal with it himself.

"I'm so glad you're free today, Woo", I said to him when we were finished eating.

He turned to me and smiled, "Me too. It was great spending time with you, sister"

"Yeah", I laughed, "I barely see you and mom in the house"

Eunwoo's smile left his face and he looked down guiltily, "That's the reason why I decided to take you out today because I thought I've been taking away all of mom's time when she should've been there for you instead"

I looked at him, my eyes widen in surprise, "What? No, I understand you having mom as a manager than anyone else"

"Really? You're not upset about it?", he asked.

"Yeah", I said, "I'm glad you have her and I'm glad it's her. She'll be there to comfort you if things gets too hard"

Eunwoo's smile returned as he looked at me, "Mom was right. You are really a great daughter and sister we could have"

I chuckled, "It's funny how you're only like this if you're guilty, huh?"

"Save your sarcasm elsewhere", he replied, then added, "I missed this, being able to be normal brother to you"

"Me too", I said, happy that he save this day only for the two of us.

"And I want you to know that I'm doing my best to earn, so I can be the one to pay for your college soon then I can also buy everything you want, okay?", he asked.

I nodded, "Thank you"

My eyes then caught a familiar person standing at the far corner of the food court. It was Samuel. He didn't see me because he was busy looking around the tables, as if searching for someone.

I really didn't want him to see me, because this day was supposed to be just for my brother and I.

"What is it?", Eunwoo asked after he realized my gaze was elsewhere. He then followed the direction, "Isn't that your boyfriend?"

"My ex-boyfriend", I said and he turned to look at me.

He knew Samuel, because he would came over to my house when we were dating. He also promised once to keep his mouth shut about the identity of my brother.

"He cheated on me, remember?", I added, wanting him to hate Samuel.

"Oh", he looked in his direction before looking back to me, "Let's go"

"Thanks", I said, giving him a grateful smile. He nodded his head and stood up.

I stood up too as Eunwoo gathered our trays and went to throw away our garbage. He came back and we left the mall, with him grumbling about the guy we saw.

He also added on how I should never get back to him or else, he'll smash my head against the wall to wake up.

I know, yes, he could be a violent brother when it comes to my stupidity.