✗ twenty six ✗

chapter twenty six

The following hour found me with nothing to do in Jay's condo. He's out to buy some food, the result of having an encounter with Samuel in the convenience store is - us not having able to buy something from the place.

As I lay on the couch thinking about what to do,  I got a text from Jay.

What are you doing now?

After reading the text, I sent an instant reply.

Waiting for you, what else?

Jay: Wait for me, I'm already paying for the food.

Me: What will we do the whole day here anyway?

Jay: We could cuddle and maybe something else :)

I rolled my eyes at that message as I can imagine Jay chuckling while typing down at his phone.

Me: Do you always have to be subtly perverted?

Jay: Huh? I wasn't! But look where your mind went..😎

Me: Just get here.. I'm getting bored!

I didn't need to wait for long. I heard him knock just a few minutes later and I opened the door, seeing he has at least two plastic bags in both hands.

"Okay, I'm here now. What do you have in mind, baby?", he remarked as he closed the door behind him.

I put down my phone and went to check on what he got, "Don't tell me you're still thinking of something else?"

"You're the one who started it", he replied, handing a soy milk to me.

"Of course you will try to say that, but whatever, forget it", I replied with an annoyed look.

"Oh please.. I know we both know you're more interested to get to know me, right?", he questioned as he walked over to me.

"Who can blame me? Everybody is curious about you, Park Jay"

"Yeah, but you're the only one I like", He winked at me. He then head for the couch beside me, "I have multiple video games here, but I need a partner"

"Is it me you're asking for?", I asked.

Jay shrugged, "I can teach you how to play. It's really easy, don't worry"

"You know I've never played any games before other than Super Mario", I stated dryly.

Jay left the couch to set up the game nonetheless, "That's a starter. If one game doesn't work, then we'll play another"

After all the game consoles was set up, Jay took a seat on the couch again and I sat beside him, the food was only below us if we wanted to take a bite.

I watched as he used the remote to bring up the game information. Jay explained in details about the game before he handed me the controller and trust me to play efficiently.

To be honest, when he explained how to play, I spaced out because I caught myself staring at him, at the way he was serious and dedicated at a simple video game, but when he repeats it to me, it sounds interesting.

I couldn't wait to begin especially after seeing the excited smile on his face.

Jay then went to teach me how to use the controller. When he was finished, I thought for sure he would be mad because the many buttons and turns had confused me. Is this really how the guys passed their time?

However, when it actually started, I got the hang of it quickly.

Jay and I played over for a long time and even though he beat me every time for being first time gamer, I really enjoyed playing the video game with him.