Don't Come Through, Babe

Peter winced as the bright sunlight immediately shone at his eyes. Getting drunk probably wasn't the smartness thing to do, but it was the only thing that made him numb. It was the only thing that connected him to Tony. It was what made him see Tony again.

The teen walked through the streets of New York, keeping his head down. Almost everywhere you looked, there stood murals of Iron Man. Everyone loved to remember the hero, and not the man behind the suit. Everyone forgot the good that Tony Stark had done for New York and the rest of the world.

It seemed like everyone was forgetting.

Peter finally arrived at school and made a beeline to the bathroom. He locked himself into one of the stalls and started to throw up his breakfast. The young hero started crying at how to raw burn felt and how his stomach was rejecting everything he had done to it. It hurt so much. But hurting was the only thing that the teen was able to feel these days.

The bell rang for school to began but Peter stayed where he was. Knelt on the bathroom floor, sitting next to a toilet and trying his best the breathe through the pain. He immediately noticed that someone had decided to crave in a drawing of the Iron Man suit, and Peter began to throw up again.

Finally after what seemed like hours, the male left the stall to rinse his mouth and wash his hands. As he tried to put himself back together again for the rest of the school day, the intercoms rang up.

"Good Morning Midtown high! Betty here coming to you from the newsroom. The first thing we have on announcements is tonight's memorial service for the great Tony Stark! The ceremony will began at six pm tonight and will be live on Youtube for those who can't make it. Feel free to stop by the student store to pick up a candle to honor Iron Man." 

Peter zoned out the noise as he stared into the mirror. Behind him stood the corpse of Tony Stark.