You Don't Come Through, Babe

Peter walked into his first period with his eyes red and puffy. And no one said anything as the young male sat in his seat and put his head down on his table. Having cried his heart out for two days straight was just mentally draining. He didn't have any energy to do anything else. Thank goodness that graduation was next month. 

When he was done with high school, he could spend the day crying and the nights as Spiderman.

The hero felt someone get in the seat next to him, but didn't look up. He figured it was Ned and he didn't have the mental capacity to talk currently. The bell rang for class to began and Peter still didn't raise his head. The teacher didn't say anything, which the hero chalked up to it being too early in the morning to care. 

Halfway through the class period, a paper landed on his desk. Peter lazily lifted his head up and glanced at the edge of his desk. A folded up piece of paper was sitting there, a note. Peter glanced at Ned, who in return gave him a thumbs up.

Peter slowly reached over and read the note.

Hey man, you okay? Everyone is worried about you. You've been depressed for like months. Wanna talk?

With a sigh Peter tore off a piece of paper and wrote back.

No. I just need to think through some things.

Okay well, I'm here if you need anything. I'm your guy in the chair, right?

Yeah Ned, you'll always be my guy in the chair. Thank you. I'm just tired really.

Want to skip PE?

Sure. I'll just sleep in that corner at the library though.

It's all good man. Just take all the time you need to sleep. I'll be with you when you wake up.

Peter stuffed the notes into his jacket pocket and tried to pay attention in class. He was starting to realize that, he couldn't keep living in the past. People were here, in the present that were counting on him. Worried about him. 

For the first time ever since the great Iron Man had fallen, there was no sign of Tony Stark.