That's Just What You Do

Peter walked out of school and was greeted by a small plastic bag. He paused in his steps as he noticed the person holding out the bag to him. "Strange? You here to yell at some teachers?" The hero joked as he took the bag and looked into it. Inside was a RedBull and a gas station sandwich. 

Strange smiled as Peter took out the energy drink and immediately began to drink it. "No, just here to pick you up. I figured you could use some support and I figured out some things for your whole gun trafficking you have going on." 

"Not my fault all the bad guys seem to like guns these days." Peter shrugged. He then noticed how Strange wasn't in his weird robe things. He was earing fitted black sweatpants and a plain grey t-shirt. Peter swallowed, he looked good.

Once the duo got to the sanctum, Peter threw his backpack on a chair and immediately started to look over everything. It seemed like every time Peter visited, something had changed. He eyed the painting of a monkey as he followed the taller male into another room. Each room stayed the same though, it was always filled with books and cool knickknacks.  

"So," Stephen began as he handed something to the young hero, "This was found at a crime scene. Aren't you collecting these now?" A purple stick that was filled with blue dye was handed to the webbed hero.

"Oh yeah, these things are weird. It's not any form of drug or anything. I think it's poison though. I was testing it and spilled some on my plant. It died like two hours later. There hasn't been any deaths relating to poison in the news though." Peter explained as he looked over the stick.

Strange hummed, "Could be planning something bigger then. Anyways, since your investigating this I though I should let you know. Feel free to give me a call if you need any help."

"Yeah okay." Peter whispered as his eyes trailed over to the way Stephen's mouth moved with every word he spoke. The older male continued his tangent but Peter stopped listening. He was to busy watching the way Stephen's eyes crinkled with each smile he let out. 

"Peter? You good?" And the younger hero couldn't tell what came over him. But it that moment, he reached up and pressed a gentle kiss on the edge of the other's lips.