I Can't do It, I Can't Do It

Peter stared at the male that sat in front of him. The therapist he was seeing was such a stereotype of one. Glasses, neat hairstyle, well fitted clothes and a calm dimeter. This was the third session  that Peter had with therapy. At first he wasn't really sure if it would help, talking things through. But it was a relief to get things off of his chest. Even if he had to fudged the truth a little.

"Has the death of your family friend impacted the relationships you have with others? Have you noticed anything different? Sometimes we withdrawal from maintaining relationships when one stops working." The therapist spoke.

Peter cleared his throat before speaking, "I think I'm just spending more time with one person rather than making time for everyone. I feel comfortable with them and they have been trying to help me through everything." 

"Why don't you try to talk with someone else? You don't have to bombard them with your problems. Talking about how your day went with them is a good start." The other male suggested.

The young hero shrugged his shoulders, "I could try."

The therapist hummed as he made a note on his clipboard, "Opening up to people after going through something traumatic is a very hard thing to do. There is self doubt and envy that goes hand in hand with opening up. Small talk does go a long way in the healing process. As long as you want to maintain your relationships, you'll have the strength to go forward."

"I thought letting him go would make everything better. I stopped seeing his image where ever I go. It was like he was haunting me. Is it bad that I miss it?" Peter questioned with shaking hands.

The other male smiled kindly at Peter, "Missing someone is part of the grieving process. Whether they left us or are still around. You don't have to let go of him. Just don't let him cloud your mind. Your allowed to experience things without him around."

Peter let out a rough breath, the weight was finally off his shoulders.