7

When Cate finally woke up, I wanted to wait and give her some time to prepare herself, but I couldn't stop myself and started this subject while she was eating sandwitches that I made for her.

So, do you care to explain who are those boys?

I didn't want my tone to be so harsh. But when she didn't say anything I felt sudden anger.

So that's it. You have other guys, and you're just using me for my body?!

Y/n...it's not like that. When I said boys, I meant well... My sons. They're coming from Australia. It's my time to have a custody over them.

Honestly I was relieved. But after a while I started panicking.

Why didn't you tell me earlier?! We should prepare something or...

Y/N calm down. God, they're just children, they'd be happy if you buy them some sweets.

Ok, I guess. I don't have any siblings, so I'm not very good with children. Maybe I should take a few days off...

Y/N.

She put her hands on my cheeks and turned my head to look at her.

I am nervous, since Andrew wants to take them to Australia forever. And don't let me see them. I know it's messed up. He thinks that I prefer my job more than my kids. But you don't have to be nervous. You're just my driver for them ok?

I was sad, and she saw this.

I'm just a driver huh?

No, that's not what I meant. What we have...well it's complicated, and I don't want Andrew to know this.

I understood that she wanted to be a good mother, so I won't be getting in her way.

Time skip

We were waiting at the airport. I could clearly see that Cate was nervous. One more side of her. I moved closer to her and grabbed her hand.

It's going to be ok. They for sure missed their mama.

She gave me a thankful look. I decided to wait next to the car. After a while I saw her and three boys walking next to her. The youngest escaped her and ran to me.

Hi. I'm Ignatius. And who are u?

Nice to meet you. My name's Y/N, and I'll be your private driver.

He gasped amazed and started running around the car. Meanwhile, Cate and two other boys came to me.

So Y/N, this is Roman and this is Dashiell. They're 8 and 10. And I see that you already met Ignatius. He's 4 by the way.

We all settled in the car and I turned on the engine. When we were passing by my favourite shop with ice-cream, I heard Ignatius begging Cate to buy them ice-cream.

Not now honey. We have so much stuff to do.

But mommy please?

He looked at her with begging eyes. I couldn't resist his cuteness.

Exacly, mommy can we have some ice-cream?

She looked at me with expression saying: really Y/N?

I thought you were by my side.

She fake scoffed.

I am by the side of ice-cream.

Now, everyone started laughing, including Dashiell that was very distanced at the beggining.

Fine, I'm giving up.

She raised her hands up. I smiled with satisfaction. Maybe this few weeks won't be that bad.