9

A few days passed, and Ingatius came back to home. Doctors made sure that he didn't have any serious damage. I was afraid that he'll be angry at me, but it was quite opposite. He didn't treat this as a big deal. More like cool andventure, something new to tell his friends in kindergarden.

Cate was a little bit afraid to leave her kids with me alone, but we talked seriously and she understood that it was accident that could happen even if she was there.

So now, we were all good again. They were supposed to stay with Cate for a week, so I was surprised when I opened the door and saw her ex-husband.

But, let's clarify things up. A few days ago, Dashiell told me that he knows that I have something going on with Cate. However he wasn't upset or angry, so I didn't tell Cate about it. I didn't want to make her nervous.

This morning was very peacefull. Cate and Roman were preparing breakfast, Dashiell were reading a book that I borrowed him. Ignatius wanted me to help him with making his bed. After we finished, we went to the garden. Recently a small hedgehog appeared in Cate's garden, and me with boys started to feed him, so he won't die because of hunger. He propably lost his family, so he needed human's help.
We even named him Harry.

When Ignatius stayed a little longer with Harry, I came back inside. When I heard a knock to the door, I rushed to open them, cause I thought that was Ignatius playing with me. I stood confused when I saw a man with angry expression.

I'm Andrew Upton. And who are you?

Upton, Upton it sounded familiar.

Andrew? What are you doing here?

Cate appeared next to me. I suddenly remembered who he was. Cate's ex-husband.

I came here because I heard what happened with my son. Can we talk?

Sure.

She replied coldly.

Y/N can you look for Ignatius?

Yeah.

It wasn't hard to find him.

Ok buddy, now say bye to Harry, cause your daddy's waiting for you.

He waved his little hand to the small animal and I carried him to the house. When we were close the kitchen I heard voice's that were almost shouting. At first I just thought that he was worried about his sons, but then I realized that he was blaming Cate.

Excuse me sir. but I'm afraid that you don't know what an accident means.

He was shocked that someone dared to chellenge him. I looked at Cate, she was so afraid, almost shaking. And that's when the realization hit me. She wasn't afraid of me, but because of him. She divorced with him, because he was getting worse and worse. Cate was just a thing to him that he could relieve his stress. I gave her a resurrecting smile and stood right in the middle of them.

Mr. Upton I reccomend you to leave for now unless you want to scare your kids even more. You can come back when you calm down.

And who are you to lecture me how to act around my own children?

In this few weeks I spend more time with your sons than you ever...

Oh I see now. So you're that freak that my wife's fucking?

He was now talking to Cate.

You really were desperate after our divorce huh?

She had tears in her eyes. I couldn't stand seeing her in that state. And everything because of this bastard.
I clenched my teeth. He was the person that hurt the woman I love. I don't care if she feels the same way about me, now she needs help.

When he tried to push me, I grabbed him by his jacket and lifted him above the ground. I was taller and since I worked for Cate she payed for my gym. It was safe to say that I was more muscular than him.

Leave her the fuck alone or you'll regret it. He tried to punch me, so I just let him fall on the ground. When he stood up he headed to the door, mumbling something that he'll destroy me. I didn't care honestly. The most important thing was that Cate was safe now. I watched him leave the possesion and then turned back to her. She just hugged me and burst into tears.

Thank you.

She whispered it, but I heard her.

No problem with that. You said that I'm life saviour.

And dumbass. It wasn't safe.

I don't fucking care. I love you.

I realised that I just confessed to her and wanted to explain but she was first to talk.

I love you too. Ever since we first met I was amazed by your personality and that positive energy. I was just too afraid to admit it, because I didn't want to be miserable again because of my feelings. But now, I'm sure that I love you. I want to try again to be in relationhip.

I was so happy that she was honest with me. I reassured her that I won't push on anything.