5

Xiao decides to stand guard for the rest of the night. Just because they're hidden and protected by a barrier it doesn't mean they should let down their guard. Nothing happens during the night - it's uneventful and extremely boring. At least the view from the rooftop is nice.

Still, it gives him time to think. What exactly is his plan here? Cockblock Childe until the end of time? That doesn't sound too bad. Except for the part that it will make Zhongli unhappy.

Xiao can cockblock them at least a bit he decides. He doubts Zhongli will need help with eventually getting Childe in his bed - Zhongli can be smooth if he wants to be. Damn, now that Xiao thinks about it, that what he walked in on was Zhongli making a move on Childe wasn't it?

Disgusting.

Unhappy, Xiao groans. Why must Zhongli be like This?

Hours pass - sometime in the early morning, Xiao hears a sound. He summons his spear, instantly alert. He waits a couple of seconds and then thrust the spear behind him, stopping just before he can hit the offending presence on the rooftop.

Childe lifts his hands in surrender and chuckles. "Good morning to you too."

Xiao is so tempted to throw him off the roof. He doesn't grace Childe with an answer, glaring at him before dismissing his weapon. "What do you want." He hisses out, not even trying to hide his annoyance.

"To talk, of course!" Childe looks so relaxed. How dare he. "I realized we started on the wrong foot and maybe we should not try to kill each other? Well, it's more you but-"

"I don't want to kill you." Xiao cuts him off with a hiss, tempted to take out his spear again. Don't throw him off the roof yet, Xiao. Control yourself, Xiao. If he lives you can torture him more.

"Oh, great!" Childe exclaims with that irritating laugh of his. "Glad we're on the same page. I don't want you dead either, that would suck-"

"Get to the point." Xiao's glare is frigid. He has no patience for this bullshit right now.

"Fight me." Xiao raises his brows. "You're strong, right? All I live for is a good battle." There is a dangerous glint in Childe's eyes - one that Xiao is all too familiar with. Bloodlust. "If we fight, we can settle our differences that way. Easier than words. Besides, I don't even know WHY you hate me."

Xiao ignores the last comment. If Childe has even a bit of a brain, he'll figure it out sooner or later. "Hm, you actually said something I agree with." Why talk when you can simply beat the shit out of each other?

"Great, when do we-"

Xiao tosses Childe off the roof with his wind.

"-start!?" Childe yelps, but catches himself and lands on his feet. Like a cat, Xiao lets himself think for a moment.

He doesn't waste any words, he simply dives after Childe, his spear already in hand. If a fight is what Childe wants Xiao is all too happy to deliver. He won't hold back, so he gives Childe no time to recover, already going for a thrust right through Childe's stomach.

Childe dodges with his hydro swords already in his hands and goes for a strike that would have taken Xiao's arm off if he didn't block it. Good to know they're both taking it seriously.

Xiao forces Childe back, making him stumble dangerously close to the edge but the Snezhnayan catches himself and clashes once again against Xiao's spear. Hmm, this is almost, dare he say it, fun.

Childe goes for a strike with his second sword but they get rudely interrupted by someone clearing their throat.  They both freeze and move apart, dismissing their weapons.