21

"She knows I didn't die." Childe looks worried now. "Shit."

"Ah, this is why Venti told me to read this letter after yours." Zhongli takes out the letter he pocketed earlier. "Here, it's from the Tsaritsa. Her sigil is on it." He had become slightly nervous once he saw it, but Venti's attitude made him consider.

His friend wouldn't give him earthshattering news with a smile on his lips.

"...Oh boy." Childe snatches the envelope out of his hand, inspecting it. "Yep, it's definitely from her. Should have known that plan of yours won't work. They didn't even send anyone to collect my corpse or anything."

"The Tsaritsa has always been rather hard to fool." Zhongli ponders as Childe opens the letter carefully. "My plan was rather... halfbaked as well. However, I have to apologize. I didn't think about this. My thoughts were rather... preoccupied."

"With trying to flirt with me." Childe teases him, waggling his eyebrows.

Zhongli flushes slightly. "What does the letter say?"

Childe looks over the letter, his smile dropping as he reads its contents. A short silence falls over them.

"...Well, we're not dying." Ajax groans into his hands, a slight flush on his face. "Here, read it." He hands it to Zhongli.

Rex Lapis,

did you really think you could fool me with such an idiotic plan? The next time you wish to steal one of my Harbingers away for marriage, notify me first.

We both know that there is nothing that's equal to a Gnosis. It's a simple favor.

Take Tartaglia, he no longer is a member of the Fatui. In fact, I believe by the time this letter reaches you he'll already have destroyed his Delusion.

You both are still welcome in Snezhnaya. I expect you want to meet Tartaglia's family after all.

If you do something this foolish again, I won't be as benevolent, but this threat means nothing to you, doesn't it? Even without your Gnosis, you're strong enough to kill me.

I will overlook this matter. I believe that's the best course of action for you and for me.

As for you, Tartaglia-

Do invite me to your wedding.

There is no signature.

Zhongli sighs deeply. "I... see." That would have been a wiser course of action, but his emotions have gotten the better of him. "It seems our problems have resolved themselves."

"...I guess." Ajax sighs and collapses against the chair. "Man, I didn't expect her to let us off the hook that easily. She really doesn't want to fight you, huh?" There is an excited glint Childe's eye. One Zhongli knows too well.

"...You wish to fight me more than ever." Zhongli states, satisfaction spreading in his chest. What can he say? He never lost his love for battle. "That can be arranged, of course. On a later date."

"It's a date!" Childe grins and Zhongli forgets his worries. "Alright, now that that's over- let's start with our honeymoon. I already have a project for us in mind."

Zhongli raises his brow. "Oh?"

"So, Aether and Xiao. Mutual crushes, totally." Childe nods to himself, seemingly very confident in his assumption.

Zhongli nods in agreement. "Yes, it's obvious." He says like they didn't have this whole obvious crush thing going on as well. "Do you intend to do something about it?"