5: Machina

5: Machina
Alt. Title: Ho-Jun receives some blackmail materials from Secretary Zheng Yusheng

"It's been a month, why hasn't there been an improvement yet? Are you all slacking from your job?!"

A group of people wearing lab coats trembled before their superior. The scientists were specifically hired by this man, and some were forcefully taken away when they refused his invitation.

The man stood before the scientists, veins bulging from how angry he was with their failure. "N, No, the experiment is successful, sir. The subject — the subject simply refuses to listen to us." He answered none, causing the scientist to lower her head and restrain her sobs.

After a few moments of silence, the man approached the sealed metal door. Inputting the passcode, the door made a loud sound as it creaked open. Light from the laboratory filtered into the dark room, landing upon a balled up figure at the corner.

"Tian Longyu," the balled up figure at the corner trembled once the man called his name. "Tian Longyu!" The man yelled this time, impatience lacing his voice.

The figure shot up from its position, revealing it to be a child no older than seven. He had many bandages wrapped throughout his body, covering him from his foot up to his neck. When he turned around, the child kept his eyes closed, afraid that after not seeing the light for so long, he might go blind.

"F, Father."

"Why have you not obeyed their orders?"

"Father, I, I'm afraid. Why did they lock, lock me up? It's so dirty in, in here and—"

"Nonsense!" The man, Tian Longyu's father, frowned at his son. "Their orders are my orders. Are you trying to disobey your father?"

Tian Longyu froze upon hearing his father's words. "But, But father, they, they locked me up—"

"Silence! Tian Longyu, you're my son and what I decide is for your own good. In this world of Awakeners where the strong preys on the weak, you will never be able to survive with that flimsy power of yours. You need to learn your brother's power "

"But I..." Longyu trailed off, his shaking voice turning quiet as he bit the inside of his cheeks. I don't even want these powers. I just want to be with mama. "... I understand, father."

The man nodded his head in affirmation. "Come, show me how far you've learned Machina."

"Yes, father."

.

.

Ahn Ho-Jun violently sneezed causing everyone in class to look at him. They watched him scramble for his bag, pulled out many things, and fished out a packet of tissue. They watched him turn his head, remove his mask, wipe his nose, and then wore two new medical masks.

He left his seat, threw away his used medical masks, sat back down, and applied hand sanitizer on his hands. After drying it by shaking his hands, he returned his attention back to the class.

Just like a good student.

Everyone couldn't help but remind themselves to always clean their hands whenever they need something from Ahn Ho-Jun.

Later after class, Jisuk, Wooin, Jiwoo, and Ho-Jun got together yet again to feed the stray cats. This time, Ho-Jun was quite prepared.

He brought with him a grabber claw so he wouldn't need to get close to those furball menaces. Instead of approaching them, he'd just use the grabber to give them the cat food.