13: the tragedy many years ago

Original Chapters: 96—98
13: the tragedy many years ago

.

.

Ahn Ho-Jun had heard many bullshits before.

But this one really took the cake.

That old man accused Jiwoo of being a spy. Ho-Jun almost laughed again from the ridiculousness of his words. It was so easy investigating Jiwoo's life since he was a child, there was just no way that that old man had the guts to lie with such a straight face. Obviously, Baekdu planned on getting rid of Jiwoo.

Seo Jiwoo.

He was the first friend Ho-Jun made in South Korea. Although he never planned on making friends at this place, Jiwoo was a little hard to ignore when he seemed genuinely sincere with his friendship. Ho-Jun found it difficult to ignore when Jiwoo was like a trouble magnet. Wherever he was, trouble knocked on his doorstep.

Ho-Jun couldn't take his eyes off him no matter what.

Once he did, Jiwoo was suddenly involved in something that could get him hurt. Sometimes, Ho-Jun wondered just how unlucky his friend was in his past life that this misfortune followed him in this life.

Once Kang Dusik used South Korean's relationship to pressure Goo Inhyuk, that was when Ho-Jun butted in.

Although, he looked comical with him being held back by Park Seongha.

And with his uniform tying his arms together, leaving him in a white—so white it reflected light—shirt.

"If Shinhwa and the Union can't butt in, then what about the Cai Shen Clan?" An almost evil grin appeared on this germaphobe's face. "If I say Jiwoo is under Cai Shen Clan's protection, would you still have the fucking guts to lay your hands on him?"

Cai, Cai Shen Clan?! Kang Dusik broke into a cold sweat. Who didn't know about the Cai Shen Clan? Although that group was in China, it has its own island as its headquarters. Furthermore, that island was a moveable island so no one knew its exact location. One day, it would be in the Caribbean waters. Next, it would be in the Pacific.

More than that, Cai Shen Clan was a gathering ground of Awakeners with unconventional powers and genius non-Awakeners. Although its Awakened population was less than most groups, Cai Shen Clan's influence compared to no other. Many Awakened would never dare go against them because most of them had once been helped by the Cai Shen Clan since its founding.

Moreover, Cai Shen Clan itself was very protective of its people—especially the one they call little leader. Once, someone tried to assassinate the little leader in broad daylight. None of Cai Shen moved but that young child, who had not even reached his teenage years, easily dealt with the assassin.

After that, the Cai Shen Clan discovered the group behind it and... uprooted the entire group in a single night. If Seo Jiwoo truly was under that group's protection, then Baekdu would be in deep trouble. Really deep trouble.

Goo Inhyuk shot Ho-Jun a look. Really, a kid with that much power is scary.

"So," Ahn Ho-Jun beamed, almost causing Inhyuk to coo with how cute he was. "Why don't you let Jiwoo the fuck down and scram your way back to your fucking Baekdu, huh?"

Silence permeated in the gym, causing Jiwoo's deep breaths to become louder. Kang Dusik immediately recalled his powers back and Jiwoo fell on the ground.

"Argh!"

"Shitty old man!" Ho-Jun struggled from his binds.

Seeing that things settled down a bit, Park Seongha untied Ho-Jun and released the brat before he could explode.