8: Tian Longwei

8: Tian Longwei
Alt. Title: the person behind the Cai Shen Clan
Alt. Title: ho-jun proteccs

The Tian Family was renowned throughout the world for their unusual Awakened Power.

Machina; coined after the so-called Deus Ex Machina.

With this Awakened Power, the Tian Family were capable of creating anything from metal with just their minds. Any and all sorts of metal, whether scraps or rusted metals, the Tian Family could make something out of it.

It was dangerous.

It was worth for everyone to pay attention to them.

But the Tian Family's Patriarch did not do as they imagined. They became a family who did not care for world affairs. Instead, they dedicated their power to help the Awakened. They built infrastructures solely for those who did not have anywhere else to go after being found out by society.

Or Awakened ones who wanted to explore their powers. Because of this, the Tian Family managed to avoid disaster.

However, power always comes with consequences.

Several Awakened Ones infiltrated the Tian Family under the cover of seeking help. With this, they destroyed the Tian Family from the inside; sowing discords and planting seeds of doubts in their hearts.

In the end, the Tian Family grew weak until they could no longer support other Awakened Ones. The power Machina was lost in the past, never to be seen again. The people behind it rejoiced. Without the Tian Family, they were able to rise in name without fear of that Family's power.

Not until the birth of Tian Longwei.

.

.

"You know I hate that place."

"But you've been away for years, little leader."

"All the students there get on my nerves, Yusheng-gege. I'm not going back. Better yet, please pull me out of the school. Thanks."

And Ahn Ho-Jun ended the call, obviously in a bad mood.

Zheng Yusheng scratched the back of his head. Although he knew why Ho-Jun disliked the World Awakened Academy, the principal had been hounding him about Ho-Jun's attendance.

"What did Xiao Yuyu say?" Sitting across Yusheng was none other than Tian Longwei. The both of them were taking a break at Longwei's lounge, which was adjacent just next to his office.

"Little leader wants to withdraw from the academy."

"I'm not surprised my Xiao Yuyu said that."

"... why did you even ask what he said in the first place then?"

"Hush. I'm simply rubbing it on your face that I know Xiao Yuyu better than you."

Upon hearing his conceited words, Yusheng internally rolled his eyes. Despite Ho-Jun's efforts, it was obvious in this Secretary's eyes that the relationship between the leader and little leader was quite strained.

But that was okay.

As long as these two weren't going for each other's neck, Zheng Yusheng would not intervene.

The life of a secretary is hard.

Zheng Yusheng sighed deeply, catching Tian Longwei's attention. "What are you sighing about? Are you jealous that I'm closer to Xiao Yuyu than you?" The secretary resisted the urge to smack his leader upside the head; instead, he forced a smile on his lips, despite the twitching of his eye.