𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑶𝑵𝑬: 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙸𝙸

𖣘 𝚂𝚞𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚗 𝚂𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚖 𖣘

𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐓, 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐈𝐀 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 the emotions that Edward felt when the mysterious new girl sat next to him in the Biology class

the emotions that Edward felt when the mysterious new girl sat next to him in the Biology class.

The moment Athena Cooper walked into the flow of heated air that blew towards him from the vent.

Her scent hit him like a battering ram, like an exploding grenade. There was no image violent enough to encompass the force of what happened to him at that moment.

Instantly, he was transformed. Edward was nothing close to the human he'd once been. No trace of the shreds of humanity should manage to clock himself in over the years remained.

𝑯𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒓. 𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝑯𝑰𝑺 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒚.

There was nothing else in the world but that truth.

The mystery of her thoughts was forgotten. Her thoughts meant nothing, for she would not go on thinking about them much longer.

𝑯𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒂 𝒗𝒂𝒎𝒑𝒊𝒓𝒆, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒉𝒆'𝒅 𝒔𝒎𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒚 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔.

He hadn't imagined that such a scent could exist. If he'd known it did, he would have gone searching for it long ago.

𝑯𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒔𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒆𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒓.

He could imagine the taste...

Edward went through hell and back torturously slow.

Why did she have to come here?

𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐬𝐭?

Why did she have to ruin the little peace he had in this non-life of his?

𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧?

𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐦.

Edward didn't want to be the monster!
He didn't want to lose everything he'd gained in a lifetime of sacrifice and denial!

He wouldn't...

She couldn't make him...

Thankfully, the bell rang. And they-how cliché-were saved.

She, from death. He, for just a short time, from being the nightmarish creature he feared and loathed. Now he had to move.

Even focusing all his attention on the simplest of actions, he couldn't walk as slowly as he should; he darted from the room. If anyone have been looking, they might have suspected that there was something not right about his exit. But luckily no one was paying attention to him; all thoughts still swirled around the girl who was condemned to die in little more than an hour's time.