𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑶𝑵𝑬: 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚇𝙸𝚅

𖣘 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝙾𝚏 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚃𝚛𝚞𝚝𝚑 𖣘

𝐉𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐂𝐀 𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑, 𝐒𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐒 made it to Port Angeles by four

𝐉𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐂𝐀 𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑, 𝐒𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐒 made it to Port Angeles by four. They listened to whiny rock songs while Jessica jabbered on about the boys they hung out with. Jessica's dinner with Mike had gone very well, and she was hoping that by Saturday night they would have progressed to the first-kiss stage.

Athena smiled to herself, pleased. Angela was passively happy to be going to the dance, but not interested in Eric. Jessica tried to get her to confess who her type was, but Athena interrupted with a question about dresses after a bit, to spare her. Angela threw a grateful glance her way.

Port Angeles was a beautiful little tourist trap, much more polished and quaint than Forks. But Jessica and Angela knew it well, so they didn't plan to waste time on the picturesque boardwalk by the bay. Jess drove straight to the one big department store in town, which was a few streets in from the bay area's visitor-friendly face.

The dance was billed as semiformal.

Both Jessica and Angela seemed surprised and almost disbelieving when Athena told them she had only attended to only one dance back in Seattle.

"Was the dance very bad or something?" Jessica asked dubiously as they walked through the front doors of the store.

"No. I just didn't like it that's all." she tried to convince her, not wanting to confess what happened. It wasn't very bad, but still.

"You went with your boyfriend?" Jessica asked curiously.

"I've never had a boyfriend."

"Why not?" Jessica demanded.

"It never... happened," Athena answered honestly, though it came out like a question.

She looked skeptical. "People ask you out here," she reminded her, "And you tell them no." They were in the juniors' section now, scanning the racks for dress-up clothes.

"Well, except for Tyler," Angela amended quietly.

"Excuse me?" Athena gasped. "What did you say?"

"Tyler told everyone he's taking you to prom," Jessica informed her with suspicious eyes.

"He said what?" She whispered-yelled.

"I told you it wasn't true," Angela murmured to Jessica.

Athena was silent, still lost in shock that was quickly turning to irritation. But they had found the dress racks, and now they had work to do.

"That's why Lauren doesn't like you," Jessica giggled while they pawed through the clothes.

Athena ground her teeth.
"I seriously have to talk with him. He has to stop. He then might give up on making amends?"