𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑶𝑵𝑬: 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚇𝚇𝙸𝙸

𖣘 𝙷𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚒𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛 𖣘

𝐄𝐃𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐖𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐅 𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 spend a night happier than this one

𝐄𝐃𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐖𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐅 𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 spend a night happier than this one. He truly doubted that. Four hours had passed after that paradisiacal night and as Athena slept she said she loved him while still unconscious. The vampire was still quite unused to this joy, and it didn't feel like something a person could get used to. This moment is what he had always wished for when he was the peeping tom, and now, after everything he'd done; spying on her, being rude to her, ignoring her, she invites him in and still wants to be with him.

The thought sent pleasure through him. A feeling he couldn't get used to, yet he craved it more. While Edward was laying there with an angel in his arms he was thinking about the past day's events. The vampire couldn't even think of his life before her, because that was no life at all. He was so joyous, so euphoric. Every time he felt her warmth, hear her pulse speed up, or watch her face flush he fell deeper and deeper into love.

Edward would embrace it for as long as that was possible and know that no matter what happened in the future, just having this one dreamy day was worth any pain that might follow.

Eventually, in the very early morning, she settled into deeper sleep, he'd mostly thought about the day ahead, about Alice's vision of Athena visiting his family. Though he'd seen it clearly in his sister's head, it was hard to believe.

Would Athena want that? Did Edward want that?

The vampire considered Alice's fairly well-developed friendship with Athena -which his lover didn't know about... But now that he felt assured about the future he was pursuing-and the likelihood of it happening-it did feel a little cruel to keep Alice away from her.

What would Athena think of Emmett? Edward wasn't one hundred percent sure that he would behave himself. He would find it hilarious to say something off-putting or frightening. Maybe if he promised him something he wanted... A wrestling match? A football game? There had to be a price he'd accept.

Edward had already seen how Jasper would keep his distance, but had Alice thought to tell her to mate that, or was her vision contingent on her brother's action?

Of course, Athena had met Carlisle but it would be something different now. He found the idea of Athena spending time with his father appealing to him. Carlisle was the very best of them it would only make her think more highly of them all to know him better.

And then Esme would be ecstatic to meet Athena. The thought of Esme's pleasure almost had his mind made up.

There was just one obstacle.

Rosalie.

Edward realized there was prep work he had to accomplish before he could even think of bringing his lover to his now second home.