✧*。CHAPTER 7✧*。

Yuri stood there while staring at Mob with disbelief. This made him very worried.

She didn't know how to respond to that. Her friend, who presumably seemed and acted normal, is actually an esper?!

She couldn't wrap her head around this new piece of information. It seemed surreal and unbelievable, but she saw it with her own eyes.

Mob was thinking negatively as he was watching as his friend stood there in silence. He was afraid of this kind of stuff happening, yet there they were.

While Mob was lost in thought, Yuri suddenly spoke.

"Y-you're a-an esper..?"

"Y-yeah.. I'm sorry If I scared you." Mob said hanging his head low.

"I can't believe it..but, THANK YOU!!" Yuri said with a teary but grateful expression as she rushed to his side.

Mob wasn't expecting this at all, he was thinking that she would react a completely different way.

"E-eh?"

"What you did back there was so amazing!! You saved my life!! Oh thank you Shige-kun! How can I ever repay you?!" Yuri yelled out in excitement while she hugged Mob tightly.

Now Mob was red and at a loss for words.

"A-ah, it w-was n-nothing, you d-don't h-have to t-t-thank me.."

"No way! You're so cool and heroic and I'm so glad you saved me!" Yuri responded while still attached to him.

Mob only laughed awkwardly as he scratched his cheek that was red.

Reigen and Saki soon followed after Mob as they also heard Yuri scream earlier but it took them a while since the place was big.

"What's wrong?! Did something ha- uhh, am I interrupting something?" Reigen asked while Saki just stared at them with a shocked expression.

Both of them looked at Reigen's way and stayed silent for a moment until Yuri spoke up.

"Shige-kun saved me! Isn't he so cool?!" Yuri spoke excitedly.

"Hah?? Are you joking or something, Yuri?" Saki said sounding skeptical.

"Uhh, well anyways, we better get our money get going before it gets dark. Let's go!" Reigen said while leaving the building.

Yuri looked up at Mob and let go of him while laughing shyly as she stayed close by him and followed Reigen back.
      __________________________

They went back home by train since it was dark and late and they had no other way back home.

Reigen was on his flip phone with Saki peering at Yuri who had fallen asleep on Mob's shoulder.

Mob couldn't move as he sat there frozen like a statue, not wanting to disrupt his friend's sleep.

Reigen looked beside him and only chuckled to himself.

Mob was rethinking about Yuri's words earlier. It made him smile a little while his cheeks grew hotter.

He was glad she wasn't scared or weirded out by him. He was genuinely happy he got to keep Yuri as his friend.

He then looked over to his right to look at Yuri as she slept. She was sleeping peacefully while resting on his shoulder. Mob was staring at her for a little while until Saki teased him about it.

He then rested his head on hers while waiting for the train to reach back home.
     ___________________________

After an hour, they had reached their destination and it was time to leave the train.