prologue

The Moon Goddess

The Moon Goddess.

Sleeper of the day, protector of the night. the one who carries her duty to protect the young ones from the darkness. perishing all the demons away, making sure they don't disturb anyone.

She was one of the most beautiful and bewitching thing to ever exist in the mortal world. from her dark raven hair to her (e/c) jewel like eyes. not only was her appearance was stunning, but her personality was lovable. her kind hearted soul was enough to tell every-time that she was really a true goddess that had came down to bless them with her existence.

The lullaby she would always sing throughout the night flows through the mortal's ears, whispering sweet words until they feel comfortable. the fear they once hold are now gone and they can embrace the darkness.

People of Liyue are her children, her saviors, her loved ones. the people are the reason why she's a goddess, why she's protecting them, and why she's here.

But her presence is now gone as the Archon war had taken place.

The palace she would reside in is now an abandon building that can't be rebuilt, her singing is just a mere whisper, and her existence is soon to be forgotten.

Curse.

A curse was placed on her, a cruel evil spell that had set her to an eternity sleep. due to this curse, people became worried into why they are suddenly hearing demon screenings in their dreams or how the darkness starts to eat them alive rather than embracing them.

Centuries had past and her body was never found. not even the current Archons could find her.

It was as if she never existed.

Her story was being forgotten as time passed by. the people of Liyue are moving on, thinking she was just a mere legend that only sings throughout the night for no reason.

Making up lies and jokes on how she's a lonely goddess that doesn't do anything. comparing her to other legendary Archons, calling her weak, pathetic, and nothing.

What they don't know is that she's the reason why they're still here.

She was never lonely, she was never weak, and she was never pathetic. her name alone could already tell you what and who she is.

The Moon Goddess, the one who was created by the moon. coming to the world to help others who can't sleep in peace or embrace the darkness. fighting off the demons that would linger in the shadows before they eat the young one's flesh.

So why was this curse placed on her in the first place?

Did she do something? has she done something unforgivable? did the people of Liyue not want her anymore?

No one knows. no one does.

Everyone else in Liyue has moved on though, but not him. he hasn't moved on for centuries. he hasn't stopped thinking about her or writing about her. just remembering her was enough for him since everyone else had forgotten about her.

He had already lost too many people in his life so losing her was already too much.

When he had heard about her being gone, he searched everywhere for her. to the bottom of the land or on top of the mountains, but nothing.

She's not here.

Her aura is still around, but her physical appearance isn't. where is she? why is she gone? surely it's not because of him, right?

So tell me, why is he the one that hasn't forgotten about her, but everyone else did?

This has to be some kind of punishment for him because of his past actions. just thinking about how he lost her was the punishment. the memories they both shared together with smiles and laughter. the endless amount of hours they shared with just one another was the best thing that has happened to him.

So why did it had to be her?

Unfortunately no one has the answer for that, not even the goddess herself.

Being sealed away for hundreds of years is something to be worried about for mortals, but for immortals, it's worse.

It's like being locked inside a prison with nothing around you. no living things, no non living things, just darkness eating you. loneliness can be one word to describe it, but torture can be something else.

Death.

Death is one of the escape in life. the longest and permanent thing in the world. and that's what he wants right now as time continues on without her.

Moving on can be done easily or in a few years, but that's not a thing in his book.

How can you move on from your past lover who was with you for thousands of years?

Praying and whispering to the moon wasn't enough to bring her back. searching for her always end up being nothing. singing or humming her lullaby was useless.

All he wanted was her back.

Only him. everyone else had already left and moved on, but he hasn't.

So please, give her back or so help me god this nation will perish along with the moon itself.

a/n: what do you guys think so far? this is just the prologue so it's short and nothing major has happened yet ☺️

(not edited)
5/14/22