15

Turning the page, Childe groaned in annoyance as he still couldn't find any detail information about the moon goddess

Turning the page, Childe groaned in annoyance as he still couldn't find any detail information about the moon goddess. it's been days or weeks since he has been searching for any clues, but ended up with nothing. it's just the same result where she either died in the middle of no where or she simply vanished.

Throwing the book away, Childe stood up and stretched his long limbs. he has been sitting in his office all day and it was really tiring.

Deciding to go out, Childe left his office to see what the day has come to. casually walking around the city of Liyue, the fatui harbinger enjoyed the blue sky that is decorated with faded white clouds.

Humming a random tune, Childe's dull blue eyes caught a familiar blonde traveler along with other companions. smirking, he was about to go and greet them only to stop himself when his ears picked up something.

"We can go back to her house and find anymore clues there." Aether suggested which made both Venti and Paimon nodded in agreement. "then if there's anymore clues, we should write it down to see if it connects to anything."

'House? who's house?' Childe thought as he slowly hid behind the wall and can easily eavesdrop their conversation.

"Paimon thinks that's a good idea! let's go before it gets really dark..."

Then Aether, Paimon, and Venti left to go back to the secret home that belonged to the moon goddess.

Unknown to them, Childe hummed and debated if he should follow them. shrugging his shoulders, he doesn't see why not because after all, he's pretty
bored right now.

🌙 🌙 🌙

Walking to Minlin and going to the same destination they were before, Aether looked up to see that the moon hasn't risen yet. "we will have to wait for a bit because the entrance only opens when the moonlight hits this symbol."

Venti hummed, "while we wait, how about i play a song?"

"I don't see why not.."

"Great! that would be 10,000 mora per song."

"WHY YOU-!"

Aether stopped Paimon before she could do anything reckless to the bard. Venti giggled in mere amusement, "hehe~ i was only joking!"

"How about we just rest for now and wait for the moon to come up? it will only take an hour or so, shouldn't be too long," Aether suggested.

"Traveler! funny seeing you here as well!"

Turning to the voice, Aether and Paimon stood their guard up as they see Childe coming up to them. smiling as if he didn't follow them here with bad intention.

"Did you follow us here!?" Paimon said as she pointed at Childe with an angry look.

Chuckling and raising both his arms up, "do you not trust me? we already moved on from last time, and just so you know, i was only taking a walk and somehow found this place as well..." what a complete lie.

Aether gave Childe a look who could only still smile back. "why are you really here?" he asked.

Childe's smile then soon faded a bit, "heard about the moon goddess, came to check it out. nothing less and nothing more."

Still giving him the look, Aether glanced at Venti who tilted his head in confusion. noticing the gaze, Childe's smile went back on his face, "so sorry for not introducing myself earlier. my name is Childe, the 11th fatui harbinger as you probably heard. don't worry though, this time i'm not here looking for a fight."

Venti smiled, but held no genuine in them, "well then, my name is Venti, just a local bard from Mondstadt."

"A bard from Mondstadt, huh? now why would you be here in Liyue?"

"Just traveling, sometimes a bard doesn't want to stay in one region. also i'm here to help traveler with the investigation of the moon goddess, as you can see."

"I see, well let me join."

Aether and Paimon have a deadpanned look at the fatui harbinger who sweat dropped. "aw come on you two, let the past be by gone. after all, with my help, i'm sure you will find the moon goddess faster."

"I don't know..."

"Don't worry! there will be no funny business, just here to help."

"How can we be so sure? what do you gain in finding the moon goddess?"

"Well i heard about her and i'm only curious. any good battle or adventure already has me so why not let me in? any danger around, surely i can put my strength to use."

Hesitating for a moment, Aether thought about the pros and cons of letting Childe in this.

"Let me add one more thing," Childe said which caught the three's attention. "i had already gathered some clues and information about the moon goddess that you probably don't have. so if you let me join in your investigation, i'll tell you what i know so far."

Sighing, "alright, but if you do something suspicious, i will stop you." Aether said as he gave Childe a glare.

Chuckling, "don't worry traveler, i won't pull off anything..."

"Alright then, tell us what you know about the moon goddess," Paimon said.

Walking closer to the trio and pulling out a scroll, "see this here? this is one of the few things i have about the moon goddess. in this scroll, it says that the moon goddess could possibly be in some deserted place right now. meaning there's no other living beings around her. so if you think she's in this area we are in right now, you're wrong."

"Is she even in Liyue then?"

Childe shrugged his shoulders, "yes, but it could be in a domain or something. surely there's some obstacles on the way because no one has found her yet. that means they either couldn't solve the puzzle or that they're missing a big piece to complete the puzzle."

"Puzzle?" Aether asked.

Venti then voiced in, "a puzzle that could lead us to the moon goddess's location. so far, no one has solved it yet or even tried to. hopefully we can find the missing clues to the puzzle, solve it, and then it can lead us to her."

"Alright, but where do we even look for the first clue?" Paimon asked as she rubbed her chin and putting on a 'thinking' face.

Childe smirked as he tossed the scroll towards Aether who easily caught it. opening the scroll, it showed a map with multiple arrows pointing at a certain location.

"Easy, all of the clues are in this location."

Aether looked at the map more closely only to grip the scroll as he recognizes the map.

Childe smiled in plain amusement as he saw Aether's expression. clapping his hand to gain back their attention, "now, are you three ready to go?"

"Go where?" Paimon asked in confusion as she didn't bother looking at the map more clearly.

"The Chasm, of course!"

a/n: 😯

(not edited)
6/18/22