17

The Chasm

The Chasm.

A open area in Liyue where it use to be a mine, but was put out of business years ago. however, it's slowly coming back, reopening for miners to continue their work. inside the Chasm, there are so many tunnels and trails that could lead you to unknown places that haven't been discovered yet.

"Paimon always get the chills whenever we go to the Chasm..."

The group are currently in the Chasm, gazing around the old buildings and tools that was left from previous miners. high mountains surrounding them with very few greens around.

It looks busy, but at the same time dead. abandoned was a perfect word for it as you can easily see some tools rusting up from old age or buildings looking fragile to the point they will collapse in any moment.

"Just be careful, this place was probably abandoned for a reason, even when it's slowly opening again," Aether said as he lead the group.

Childe hummed and gazed around, "i wonder why it was abandoned..."

Walking further into the Chasm, the group walked into a dark tunnel. feeling the cold wind from the night, the group shuffled together, hoping no one was left behind.

As they kept on walking, Aether felt his soul feeling weird again. this always happens whenever it leads to some sort of clue. changing his pace, Aether kept walking faster until he ran, leaving everyone surprised.

"W-Wait!"

Everyone quickly followed Aether as he kept on running, following the unknown path in the tunnel. he doesn't know why, but something about this place makes him want to run faster. he needs to get there, he needs to get her.

Something in his soul or mind is telling him to hurry before it's too late.

Slowing down his pace, Aether now sees a dead end. no other paths were here which left the blonde traveler distraught. what has gotten into him?

The rest of the group caught up to Aether and saw the dead end as well. "w-what happened back there? are you okay, Aether?" Paimon asked as she catches her breath.

Aether didn't answer and just stared at the dead end. something was off, like as if they were supposed to be here, but at the same time they shouldn't be here.

"I don't know what happened, but i felt something or someone calling for me. like as if someone was waiting for me."

Raising a brow, Childe turned around and saw that the path they went through was now gone.

"Traveler, i'm sure that weird feeling you felt was right because we are now stuck."

Everyone followed Childe's gaze and saw that they are really stuck. no exit to be found. no open path in their view. just a dead end front and back.

"Where's the exit!?" Paimon shouted worriedly as she quickly looked around, hoping to find an open path that could lead to the outside.

"Seems to be that traveler is right. maybe this place has been waiting for us," Venti said.

Stepping towards the dead end, Aether placed his glove hand on the wall and knocked on it. 'it's hollow!' he thought as he feel and hear his knock echoing to the other side.

"Can everyone help me break this barrier? behind it, it's hollow."

Gathering around, everyone used their strength to break the rocky barrier. as the barrier broke down, Aether waved his hand around to clear out the ashy air from the impact.

Blinking away the blurry vision, he sees another tunnel path. leading to a unknown end.

"Let's move forward," Venti said.

🌙 🌙 🌙

Few minutes had pass and the tunnel seems to be going deeper. within the group, some were tired while others were too curious. Aether lead the group further into the tunnel until they find two paths.

Right or left.

"Which way do we go?" Paimon asked.

Aether looked conflicted as he gazed the left to the right. he doesn't know where to go honestly. what if one path was another dead end or the other leads to a dangerous situation? as Aether was about to say he doesn't know, Childe stepped up and pointed at the left path.

"I say we go left."

"How can you be so sure?" Aether asked.

Childe shrugged in response, "i'm just going with my guts, unless you want to go right. i don't mind following."

His lips turned into a thin lin as Aether thought about the pros and cons. pros is that Childe may be right that the left side is the correct path, or that he could be wrong and is purposely leading everyone to danger.

"Alright, we will go left."

Turning to the left, the tunnel became more narrow, making everyone else walk in single line. coming together, Aether picks up a sound.

More like a soft whisper.

"Do you hear that?" he asked the others who too heard the whisper. it was like someone was calling for them, telling them to come closer. "quick! this way!" Aether said as he ran further, letting the others follow after him.

Although they hear the whisper, they can't make out what they're saying. it sounds fuzzy, so Aether picked up his pace.

What if it's a innocent citizen that is trapped and needs help? what if it's just his imagination? who knows...

Nearly tripling a few times, Aether immediately stopped and panted. in front of him was a bigger hole. the once narrow tunnel lead them to a big entry way where it seems to be a cave.

"Who wants to go in first?"

Childe smirked, "don't have to ask me. i'll go in." the fatui harbinger then walked inside the big cave confidently, leaving the others watch his figure slowly disappearing into the darkness. Aether looked at Venti and Paimon, "alright, let's go in as well."

The rest let the darkness consume them. the only thing their eyes can detect was the pitch black covering their vision.

"You okay back there?" Childe voiced our which echoed through the cave. Paimon replied, "we're good! just can't see..."

Taking careful steps, Childe felt his foot slip, ending up falling into a hole. he was surprised a bit, until he tried to find anything to hold onto, but nothing.

The rest followed after, screaming and trying to find something to soften their fall.

As the whole group fall into a deep hole, they finally reached the end, harshly landing on the rocky ground, leading them unconscious.

a/n: i'm sorry if this chapter was a bit boring! i kind of didn't know how to introduce the Chasm, so hopefully i can make the next upcoming chapter(s) better!

anyways, we are slowly getting closer to the moon goddess so stay excited my loves<3

(not edited)
6/23/22