14

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?"

Pointing and glaring at the smiling bard, Paimon feels her patience already running thin. Aether sighed and just shook his head, knowing there will a upcoming complaint from his companion.

The bard has two ombré braids with matching ombré eyes. his whole attire design belonged to a different region called Mondstadt and his color scheme was greenish teal, white, and black.

Smiling and shrugging in amusement, "what? i can't visit Liyue? just because i stay in Mondstadt most of the time, doesn't mean i won't visit other places as well!"

Paimon rolled her eyes, "i'm not saying you can't visit Liyue, but why are you here? are you here to get drunk again?"

Venti shook his head, "nope! well, for now i won't. just came to visit by, hopefully i can see an old friend of mine."

"Who? Zhongli?"

Scratching the back of his neck nervously, "that's right, though if i may ask. is the gentleman still strong? just in case he doesn't well... blow me off, again."

Aether and Paimon looked at the bard weirdly, "maybe you should just ask him yourself."

Sighing dramatically, "you two are no fun. anyways, how about you two? what are you two doing here in Liyue?"

"We're here searching for someone."

This intrigued the bard, because usually traveler could only focus on looking for his lost twin, but another person? how strange. "who's this someone? maybe i can help!"

Paimon deadpanned at the bard, "i doubt you can help, i bet you will get drunk before you can even find an single clue." Venti just chuckled in response, "now now, you're underestimating my level of drinking. so traveler..." glancing at Aether this time. "who are you looking for? you're usually not the type to look for someone so important other than your sibling."

"We're looking for the moon goddess, do you know her?"

"The moon goddess, huh? when was the last time i had heart her name?"

"Y-You know her!?" Paimon exclaimed as she looked at the bard with wide eyes. Venti placed both hands on his hips and nodded, "of course! we were very close, like two peas in a pod!"

"Liar," Paimon said.

"Hehe~ believe what you want, but she's one of my closest friend. i do think about her now and then, but i'm sure a certain gentleman thinks about her everyday."

"If you knew her, then that means you knew what happened to her, right?"

The smile that was on Venti's face quickly wiped off. his eyes shone grief as he remembered exactly what happened. well, he heard what happened, but it still left him feel broken.

Not answering Aether, Venti just gazed out and avoided their gaze, "why are you suddenly looking for her? did that old man forced you or something?"

Shaking his head immediately, "no, but i keep having these visions about her. it's like giving me a sign, a sign where i need to find her and we also think Zhongli is slowly forgetting her, just like everyone else in Liyue."

"He's slowly losing memories of her?" Venti asked with a frown. the bard didn't think the former geo archon would lose memories of her. why didn't he lose memories of her as well? does it only affect the people of Liyue? how strange.

"I don't have an answer to Zhongli losing memories of her, but i can accompany you on this search because i too think she's still around. all we need is to find her quickly, before it's too late."

Aether smiled gratefully, "thank you, hopefully we can find her soon. i feel like her existence is disappearing as days go by."

"Don't worry! your local favorite bard is here to help, but first let's have a alcohol break!"

"YOU DAMN TONE DEAF BARD-!"

Halting his hand, Zhongli heard a knock outside of his office door

Halting his hand, Zhongli heard a knock outside of his office door. placing his pen down, Zhongli was about to get up to open the door only for it to be slammed open from the intruder.

Realizing who it was, the former geo archon made a 'tsk' noise and went back to his current paperwork.

Stumbling in, Venti giggled while holding a half bottle of alcohol. "it's been a long time, Morax or should i call you Zhongli now~?"

The man just looked at the bard with an unimpressed gaze, "get your drunken self out. i don't have time for your improper behavior right now."

Venti ignored Zhongli's words and just walked closer to his desk. "you know... a certain traveler had mentioned about the moon goddess to me." that quickly made Zhongli stopped what he was doing.

"It's been a long time since i had heard about her. tell me, are you still looking for her as well?"

Glancing at the bard who appeared to look drunk, but seems to be a bit sober from his words, "my business with her doesn't involve you. it won't make a difference if i told you."

Humming thoughtfully, "that is true, which is why i decided to accompany traveler with the search of the moon goddess! i too believe she's still out there. after all, she wouldn't leave us, especially you, right Zhongli?"

Not answering the former anemo archon, Zhongli just glanced down at his desk. tilting his head, Venti followed his gaze only to see her self portrait.

"Was that it?"

"What?"

"That picture of her...is that picture the only thing that is preventing you from losing memories of her?"

Now looking at the bard who was staring at the portrait with longing in his eyes, "what are you talking about now?" Zhongli asked as he placed the portrait away.

Venti's ombré eyes clashed with amber gold ones as they both stared at each other in silence.

"You're losing memories of her, did you know that?"

Not answering for a bit, Zhongli sighed, "what are you really doing here? are you here to torment me?" avoiding Venti's question, the bard could only furrow his brows.

"Tell me, Morax," using his former name. "did you know you were losing memories of her?" asking once more, but with a deep frown on his young looking face.

"And if i told you i did, what would you do?"

Venti didn't answer until he was near the office door, "i would find her as soon as possible." then leaving Zhongli alone in his office with his words lingering in his mind.

a/n: it's currently 12:30 am for me right now..so goodnight/morning my loves<3

(not edited)
6/17/22