21

a/n: thank you for your patience and understanding and i hope you enjoy this chapter

The Black Dragon.

No one has ever associated themselves with the black dragon. it's either because they're too afraid or they have never seen one. most or if not all know the great black dragon. in ancient times and tales, the black dragon symbolizes vengeance and corrupted evil.

The dark scales being the old souls they had devoured and the red beady eyes being all the crimson blood it consumed. the deadly long sharp claws would take the people's soul as if it's just any other flower from an empty field.

If the black dragon symbolizes vengeance, then why is it here? what's the true purpose of it coming to Liyue? taking their precious moon goddess away and letting their memories corrupt into nothing.

When Liyue was in danger, the moon goddess struggled to protect the place she called home. her land, her people, and her lover. everything was slowly slipping and burning away. desperately wanting to live, the moon goddess soon prayed for help and that help was the black dragon.

As she was nearly in her deathbed, the dragon immediately came to her rescue and took her somewhere far, far away. leaving no trace, nothing.

Years pass by and soon the memory of her is about to be permanently lost. no one could ever recognized her appearance, her voice, not even her name.

Thinking about this, it seemed cruel and sad, but is it really? many would think that the moon goddess is already long gone once the black dragon took her, but how come her spirit is still around? if the black dragon were to devour her then she would've been long gone, but that's not the case.

Although she's not physically here, she's still lingering around. some may say that they would hear a soft voice singing throughout the night. the sweet lullaby that would chase their nightmares away. saving them from their fear spreading through their soul.

(Y/n).

(Y/n).

(Y/n) was her forgotten name. her real and true name. her name that would be called by her only lover.

She was originally a star that would shine throughout the night sky, until the moon decided to take her pure spirit, creating her into a goddess. hoping she could help and guide the weak ones through the scary night. but as things took a turn, she was eventually taken away by the black dragon who heard her cry for help.

The Black dragon was never meant to be evil. despite the old tales and legends, it was all wrong. the black scales weren't people's souls, they were the darkness the night hold. the red beady eyes mainly came from the red moon that only happens during the lunar eclipse.

The dragon didn't kidnap her or devour her soul like the old legend said, the dragon saved her soul in hoping she can rest peacefully without any danger around.