19

a/n: before you read, my loves

a/n: before you read, my loves. let me hand you a tissue box 😅

"So this was the moon goddess's throne? why is it underground and hidden away?" Paimon asked Venti who seemed to be going through nostalgia.

"Must be due to the war. the throne probably collapsed from the impact of the war, resulting the throne being buried away..."

Looking around once more, taking in all the once details of the throne, it made Venti feel his whole soul feel cold. he remembered the time when the moon goddess would spend her days in here whenever she felt lonely.

"My question is why does she have a throne?"

Venti simply just smiled, "well technically it's not a throne, more like a safe place for her. the geo archon actually built this place for her because he knows she tends to get bored. so she goes here to make herself feel better."

Aether smiled at that, "that seems very sweet of the geo archon. he must have love her very much."

"Oh must definitely. although she was the moon goddess, she was the sun to his world."

"Alright, let's find if there's any clues around here. i'm sure there has to be some that could lead us to her," Childe voiced in.

As the group scattered around the room, they checked if anything could be helpful to the case. so far they haven't found anything yet, which nearly made Aether sighed in frustration. "anything guys?"

The only response were collectives of 'no' or 'nothing.'

Paimon then thought of something, "Aether! why don't we call Xiao? surely he can help us, right? like last time when we went to the Chasm with Yelan and the others."

"Are you sure? what if he's busy right now?"

"It's worth a try."

Nodding, Aether called out for Xiao. after a few seconds, nothing happens. no sound was made and no one appeared. calling out his name once more, nothing happened.

"Do you think he heard us?"

Shrugging his shoulders, "i'm sure he's busy right now," Aether said.

"Hey traveler! looks like i found something!" Childe called out which made the others walk where he was. the fatui harbinger was looking at the ground with a stern expression. "what did you find?" Paimon asked as she flew where the ginger was.

Clearing out the small pebbles and dust from the ground, there was a lever. crouching further down to inspect it, Aether was about to pull it down only to hear a shriek from Paimon. "what if it's a trick? like this lever will lead us to our doom!?"

This made the bard chuckle, "one way to find out i guess!"

Sighing, Aether pulled down the lever slowly and soon the whole 'throne' room started to rumble just like the cave they were in, but this time, something happened.