9

Once the god of contract had heard about her disappearance, he had felt his own soul being broken in half

Once the god of contract had heard about her disappearance, he had felt his own soul being broken in half. like the other half suddenly left without a trace and he's yearning to get it back.

As years pass by and Liyue Harbor starts to thrive, Morax had changed his identity into a man name Zhongli. someone that enjoys tea and folktales regularly. he still kept those dark brunette locks and gold amber hues that she loves so much.

Zhongli had moved on those years, accepting the death of his close friend and lost lover. watching and witnessing everyone slowly forgetting her existence.

Every night, the man would go outside and look at the moon, praying to the moon, telling the moon that he wishes to see her once more. even if it's their last moment together, he wants to see her and tell her that he loves her very much.

Sniff

"Aw man, that is such a tragic story..." Paimon said as she wiped her tears.

Aether looked down as he thought about how he too felt like his own soul got broken in half. his other half, being somewhere in the world and he doesn't know if she's safe or not.

"My apologies, i didn't mean to make you cry," Zhongli said as he handed Paimon a tissue to which she gratefully took.

"Was she your first love, Zhongli?" Aether asked. the said man nodded while looking at his reflection on the warm teacup. "she was my beloved, i cherish and miss her everyday. unfortunately, in all my years, she is still missing till this day."

"Have you ever tried finding any clues? maybe there's something that can lead you to her?"

"I had been searching for her and i still am, but time has not been friendly towards me," Zhongli said as he changed his view from the teacup to the traveling companions.

"What do you mean?"

"I will tell you some other time, but for now, i would like to ask more about your vision you had earlier."

Aether nodded, "when i only scanned this book that Xingqiu gave me, my mind went blank and i see myself in a middle of no where. the book was about the legendary moon goddess."

"And you saw a black dragon?"

"Yes."

Zhongli nodded and stood up from his desk. walking towards his book shelves, he gazed around until he grabbed an old looking book. walking back to his desk, he sat down and opened the book.

"I don't know the reason why you had that vision, but it could be a sign. in this book," Zhongli handed the book to both Aether and Paimon. "it has all the possible clues about your vision. although i've never heard anyone having this type of problem, there's a chance it could lead your connection to the moon goddess."

"C-Connection? why would Aether have a connection to the moon goddess?!" Paimon asked.

Shaking his head, "i have no answer to that, i'm sorry."

Aether stood up while holding the book tightly, "thank you for this and i'll make sure when i comeback, she will right here with you." he declared while gazing at the former geo archon with determination in his yellow eyes.

Zhongli gave a small genuine smile, "if you do partake in this search, do keep in mind that no matter what the outcome is, i will still appreciate your consideration."

Both Paimon and Aether smiled at the man before they quietly left his office. leaving only the man alone in his now cold and dark office. once they had left, Zhongli opened one of his desk drawers and took out a small scroll.

Unraveling the scroll, he looked down to see her self portrait. the beautifully painted portrait that was created thousands of years ago.

She was in a sitting position, both hands on the lap, and a free smile on her bewitching face. her eyes sparkled as she stared whatever was in front of her.

Tracing his gloved hand on her cheek, Zhongli felt his hole deepened as he thought about her once more.

"I'm sorry that i wasn't there for you during the war," he quietly said as he continued on staring at her old portrait. thinking about how much fear and stress she felt during the war, and it was something Zhongli can't forgive himself for. even knowing that she had probably traumatized herself from all the bodies and destruction in her eyes, he could only blamed himself for it.

He should've kept her away from the war, but she insisted. he should've told her to flee, but being a kind hearted soul she is, she wanted to help.

Guide the innocents away from the war and let them continue on living their life she always wanted. let them have a chance to achieve their dream, to have a family, and to live life to the fullest.

While the former geo archon was busy admiring the portrait of his past beloved, he suddenly grasp his head and shut his eyes tightly. letting go of the portrait which immediately fell down on the desktop, Zhongli groaned as he feels his head pounding and his heart thumping.

The pain/migraine was coming back again and it's getting more painful than before.

Zhongli first thought it was just a small headache from stress, but all the medicines he had asked for didn't work. so throughout those times, he dealt with those migraines.

Still grasping his head in pain, Zhongli let the pain settled in for a moment until he slowly felt a bit fuzzy. sighing deeply, the man decided to refill his warm tea, hoping it can decrease the pain.

Although he was the former geo archon, he still feels pain inside and out. whether it be an internal pain or external. the internal ones is his least favorite as he feels like he's losing his memories for some reason.

Unfortunately, he doesn't know that he's losing his memories.

He doesn't know that he's too slowly losing memories of the moon goddess.

a/n: angst, all i know is angst 💔

(not edited)
6/6/22