2

It now has been years since the moon goddess had encountered the geo archon

It now has been years since the moon goddess had encountered the geo archon. they had gotten along well to the point they both held in their true feelings from each other. both didn't want to ruin their close friendship so burying their strong feelings was the best thing to do or so they thought.

"Did you get enough rest from last night?"

Moving her gaze away from the hot tea, (Y/n) couldn't see his golden eyes as they were fluttered closed, but she knows the question was towards her.

"No, i couldn't sleep last night."

That's when he revealed his amber eyes and looked at her in a worry, "was something bothering you last night?"

(Y/n) shook her head softly and sighed, "i'm just worried about the upcoming war." gripping the cup she held in her hand. "why is it that you have to be part of this war?"

Morax could easily tell her worrying tone behind those words. the way she gripped her cup or how her eyes shook a bit from just thinking about it. he can't blame her, because after all, a war isn't something to joke about.

Innocent lives can be involve, which includes mothers, fathers, and children. land from afar that was one lively could be burn to crisp from the impact and the sky turning dark, showing like it's the end.

"I can't tell you that," setting his own cup down. "but it's for the best for our own people. though you don't have to worry since Guizhong will be on our side."

Guizhong, the goddess of dust. she was a truly kind and beautiful goddess. when (Y/n) had first met her, she had welcomed her in opened arms. the two would take their afternoon walk together or visit the nearby pond to feed the ducklings.

"What do i do?"

"Pardon?"

(Y/n) stared directly into his eyes, "what can i do during this war? do i just stand there and become useless? i know i can't do anything during the daytime, but i have to at least help in some way."

Then she felt the cup being released from her hand until she was engulfed into a bigger one.

Those long fingers easily wrapping her own while as his thumb rubbed her knuckles soothingly, "i know you are capable of helping others, but you don't have energy in the daytime, correct?"

Not answering, Morax continued on, "if you truly do want to help in this war, i'll set my heart aside and let you join."

"W-What?"

Before (Y/n) could ask any further question, a knock was made inside the tea room. feeling his grasp letting go, (Y/n) watched Morax telling the person to come in.

Opening the door, there stood one of the adeptus. he had bright yellow cat like eyes and dark teal green locks. the jade spear was behind held from his right hand while his demon like mask was attached on his hip.

"Alatus, is there anything you need?"

The said adeptus just stood straight, "pardon for the intrusion, but the others had call for you. it's nearly time to set off."

Without wasting anytime, Morax was about to follow the adeptus only to feel his arm being grasp from a delicate hand. looking back, he sees her gazing at him in fear.

"Will we see each other again after the war?"

Alatus knowing he doesn't want to disrupt, he decided to wait outside, leaving the two gods in private.

Taking the hand was holding onto his forearm, he delicately bent down and pecked her hand. this gesture broke and made her heart flutter.

"Of course, i will find you after the war."

Then moving to cup her cheeks, he leaned over to give her a loving kiss on the lips

Then moving to cup her cheeks, he leaned over to give her a loving kiss on the lips. his lips molding into hers perfectly, as if the moon and sun were in one sky.

Feeling her soft lips felt like this war will end soon, just this kiss was enough for him to go quickly so he can come back to her.

Not wanting to let this go, (Y/n) hovered her hands over his that were still cupping her cheeks. leaning back a bit, Morax let his forehead leaned against hers, "i love you and once this is over, i will find you."

(Y/n) could feel her (e/c) eyes tearing up as she felt him letting go. how long has it been since she held onto this feeling?

So why now did he had to confess before going out there. the destruction where he could be wounded and left in the wild without aid.

"You don't have to answer now, but just know i will look for you, even if you're across the sea."

Letting the tears fall, she watched him let go and walked away, "i will see you soon my star."

Now leaving her alone in the tea room, (Y/n) felt her knees buckled to the point she fell onto the ground. her silent tears turned into a painful cry as she felt part of her soul being gone.

The stabbing pain she has never felt before kept stabbing her heart and back. covering her mouth to muffled her broken cries, (Y/n) could only hope he will be alright after this deadly war.

She can't live without him. after all her years being isolated and alone as the moon goddess, she finally felt free ever since he came to her life. his gentle touch and his deep voice made her body feel warm.

As the goddess cried away, the moonlight shining upon her from the window could only watch her in pain. this was the first time she ever looked so weak and broken. like a chunk of her soul being gone.

She didn't get to say the words back. her fear took over her words, choking her to the point she may never say it back.

I love you.

She loves him so much. she can't help, but love him until the end of time. he was her sun, her light, her world, but knowing he will be part of this disastrous war, only he will know what will happen while she could only imagine it from afar.

Although the goddess is determined to help the innocent lives and guide them away from the damages, she doesn't know she will be risking herself.

To the point she will leave him alone rather herself being alone.

a/n: brb, going to grab a tissue box and some chocolate 😞

(not edited)
5/18/22