Summary of the Rest of the Story

Author's Note:

  Hello my faithful readers! This is not a regular chapter. Unfortunately I have decided I cannot finish this story. I've been married a year and am no longer interested in writing fanfictions. (This is a good thing cuz my fanfic days were depressing and lonely and now I'm living my best life:))
  But I hate it when you start a story and the author never finishes it, so the least I can do is tell you what happens! So here is the outline I had written for the rest of this story. It's just a summary so it's not in Indira's perspective or anything. Its just telling you what I had planned. I hope this will satisfy you! <3

-----------

Reminder of the prophecy:

“There be stories and rumors of a hidden island of gold,
A treasure unfindable except by the map that you hold.

Near three hundred years must pass before this prophecy is found.
Once in pirates hands the race for the win will find you eastbound.

A meaningless slave will be required for your quest you see.
Don’t have him walk the plank when you find that this he is a she.

On golden shores, through Crimson Forest and Cliffs of Abandon,
The Cave of Embers holds a treasure beyond comprehension.

The lass’s blood must be shed to enter the island’s center,
But be warned at the core the island will start its first tremor.

Beware the day when the moon is high and you’ve dug up your prize,
For the lass, the key to all, will also trigger your demise.”

Summary of the rest of the story:

The islanders put Indie on their throne in the Temple of the Sun, dethroning her very distant relative Calisto who now dislikes her for taking his place. But Calisto tries to get her to like him so he can be chief again. The islanders avoid telling the pirates where the cave of Embers is even when Indie asks. Upon Louis' request, Indie asks the islanders to keep an eye on Harry and the mermaid since Harry is an enemy and the mermaid could cause problems.

One night Indie goes off for a moment alone. Louis follows her. There are glowing flowers everywhere and fireflies so it looks like a magical wonderland. She discovers a waterfall that sparkles in the moonlight, because of the gold engraved fish and tiny creatures that swim in it. Glowing rocks are scattered in the pool at the bottom and it's too beautiful to resist. She needs a proper bathing anyway so she checks to make sure no one is around before stripping her clothes off. She gets in the water and swims around for a while before Louis reveals himself, making it known he had been watching her. At first she's embarrassed and shy and covers up. But when they get to talking and Louis is himself(attractive and romantic), she doesn't protest when he begins stripping down too. He joins her and cautiously wades up to her. She welcomes him in, though she feels very shy. They hold each other close, Indie struggling with these new sensations that are out of this world, but loving it. They swim around together and explore behind the waterfall. Louis climbs up a rock while she shyly tries not to look and he convinces her to jump off too only because it's hard to see. She jumps off into his arms and they embrace again, kissing in the moonlit pool.

The two have a couple more bonding moments and Indie finally learns about Louis' past. He was born of a prestigious family and raised by stern but loving parents. He was well schooled and graduated early, becoming a naval officer. He quickly realized that life didn't suit him, not when he learned of what their real job was—secretly selling young women and children under the table. He wanted out, but his father wouldn't let him. When Louis was eighteen a pirate ship overtook their vessel and sunk their ship, but not before taking Louis with them when after he turned around and helped the pirates murder the sailors on board. The pirates were impressed with Louis, they had never seen such excellent swordsmanship in some time. He became part of the pirate crew. They soon grew to trust him and voted him as their captain when he was nineteen, marooning the old captain on an island for being foolish with his judgement. Louis was incredibly smart, being the only one who had an education.