Chapter 7

That night and Sam and Dean drove over to the bar near their houses. They were pretty quiet the whole drive. They got out of the car and walked into the bar and grabbed two seats at the bar.

"So, why the sudden invitation to go drinking with you?" Sam broke the ice.

"It was Bobby's idea." Dean said then took a shot.

"Sounds like Bobby. You sound like you have something on your mind so spill."

"Nothing, it's nothing."

"Come on, Dean. Don't shut me out just like last time you came back from Hell."

Dean took a deep breath then another shot of vodka. "Demons lie right?"

"Yeah?" Sam looked confused.

"But demons will also tell the truth if it hurts worse and gets inside your head, right?"

"Dean, you're not making sense. Yes, if the truth hurts worse demon will tell the truth."

Dean ordered scotch on the rocks then took another two shots of vodka. "I don't know, Sammy, I'm not handling being topside too well."

"That's fine, Dean. You were in the pit for 5 years. That's is a fuckload longer than you were last time."

"Alex told me you told him where I was those 5 years. You told him I was in Hell?"

"I had too. He begged me. He wanted straight answers. He was 17 at the time and I thought he was old enough to know. Riley knew already. So I told Lexi and Alex."

"I punched Alex right under the eye today."

"Why the hell did you do that for?"

"I don't know what fucking happened. I was talking with Alex then...I remembered." Dean broke eye contact with Sam and took a shot. "Next thing I know he's on the ground and his face was bleeding. The worst part is that he didn't get mad or anything. I fucking punched him for no damn reason and all Alex said was 'Hell flashback?'. "

"He understands that Hell was not a cake walk."

"Well, I just want to get drunk off my ass and forget that ever happened."

"I'll drink to that." Sam raised his shot glass up in the air. Dean mirror that motion. The both too the shot.

"It's hard to catch up with everything that has happened in the past 5 years. Aaron, Shiloh and Phoebe and gotten so big, Alex and Alexis will be graduating in just a few weeks, and Riley is married, in college and as a 5 year old daughter, my granddaughter."

Sam nodded and they were quiet for a few shots. "Dean?"

"Yeah?"

"You asked me when we first got here if demon told the truth. Why?"

Dean didn't say anything for a moment. It was like he was looking for the words to say. He took another shot then a swig of his scotch. "Crowley told me something I swore was a lie, but I found out today it was the truth and I have been thinking about it all day today."

"What was it?"

"Something about Alex and Lexi."

"Care to explain?"

Dean shook his head.

"Alright, I get it, on your own time." They both took another shot. They were starting to get a buzz.

After a couple hours Dean was shitface drunk and Sam was drunk but not enough he could drink.

"Alright, Dean, you have had enough to drink. You are going to hate the world in the morning."