chapter one

wilburs life wasn't easy, that was obvious by taking one look at the pale boy

wilburs life wasn't easy, that was obvious by taking one look at the pale boy. he was practically a skeleton, with scars and bruises littered all over his body. he'd been tossed all around the area into different foster homes and unsurprisingly they were awful, he was often found wandering the streets late at night by the police.

they'd pick him up in the car and take him down to the station which is where he was right now, waiting for his social worker eret to pick him up. he sat there with his leg bouncing up and down in a cell with walls that he had become rather familiar with throughout the years.

he wasn't in trouble but it was just somewhere to keep him while waiting to be picked up which eventually happened, the sound of the door being opened was heard and an officer stood in the door way "erets here" she stated.

he just nodded while standing up and walking past the officer, he knew his way to the office so that's where he went. when he arrived, he was met with a disappointed looking eret.

"let's sign you out and we'll talk okay?" they smiled softly and wilbur nodded, he didn't say much around others and if he did, very few words were spoken.

the two soon made their way over to the desk where wilbur quickly signed to say he was leaving and they were on their way. the automatic doors separated and they headed to erets car which wasn't too far away.

as they got into the car, they both buckled their seatbelts and began driving "what's going on then?" eret asks and wilbur just shrugs "okay i see how it is, the silent treatment"

"how come you were out and about again? are you not liking it there? because we are running out of options wilbur" she sighed as the boy sat there in silence, it was the hardest when he didn't talk because she couldn't find out what was going wrong.

"i don't want to live there anymore" he muttered while looking out the window, eret quickly responded to the boy "how come? are they hurting you?"

wilbur shook his head "i just don't like them, i'll keep leaving if you keep me there" he threatened, he'd do that pretty often. he'd try to make eret agree by blackmailing him. he'd always been good at manipulating people which came in handy often.

"i'll see what i can do but i can't make any promises, but for now you have to go back to them" he told the teen "you're not in any danger there but it is only a short-term house so hopefully i can pull some strings by tomorrow and get you in a long-term house, how does that sound?"

the boy nodded his head softly "yeah that would be great, thanks eret" he responded with a small smile, he was grateful for everything eret did for him although he wasn't able to show it often.