chapter eight

wilbur didn't know where he was going, he just knew that he needed to get away which was going to be difficult considering he doesn't have any money or a phone

he had done it before though, in the past he had ended up over two hours away from his foster home through bumping trains and getting lifts off random and creepy older men.

however, his plans were put to a halt when he crossed the road and came into contact with a car.

the side of the car clipped him sending him tumbling back to the floor and hitting his head, knocking him out cold. the person driving quickly jumped out of their car and to wilburs side, the woman was in her twenty's and seemed to be rather panicked.

she quickly pulled her phone out of her pocket and dialled 999, she quickly checked the pale tear-stained boys airways and he was still breathing which was a relief.

as the ambulance was on it's way another car pulled up and the driver quickly rushed over "wilbur!" eret yelled "is he okay? what happened?"

the woman who was on the phone panted as she began to explain "he just came out of no where! i'm really sorry, the ambulance are on the way"

"how long will they be? is he breathing?" the brunette asks the younger woman who quickly nods "y-yeah, his airways aren't blocked and he's in recovery position, the ambulance will be here any minute"

"great" eret says while grabbing wilburs hand "you're gonna be alright wilbur don't worry, the ambulance will be here any minute" they spoke softly.

soon enough, sirens were heard blaring in the distance and he was on the way to the hospital with eret in the back of an ambulance.

on the way there wilbur was floating in and out of consciousness with the oxygen mask, the paramedic attempted to communicate with the boy who was rather disorientated which wasn't a surprise.

eret spoke comforting words the whole time, apart from taking a break so he could call phil and update him on the situation.

"hi phil i'm in an ambulance with wilbur, i'll explain everything when i get to the hospital, sorry about all this" eret said through the phone against his ear quickly getting a worried response from phil "oh christ, do you want me to come and meet you?"

"no, be there for when the boys to get home and then depending on how wilbur is i will let you know if you should bring them, just don't want to overwhelm him" the brunette explains and phil quickly hums in response "yeah that's fine, just hoping he's okay, i'll talk to you later"