chapter five

surprisingly, wilbur stayed at home for the next few days, he didn't sneak out but he continued to distance himself from the others which wasn't a shock to phil

surprisingly, wilbur stayed at home for the next few days, he didn't sneak out but he continued to distance himself from the others which wasn't a shock to phil. it wasn't exactly uncommon for kids who had been through a lot in homes to isolate themselves.

there was no proper way to tackle it, he couldn't exactly force the boy to come out of his room and interact with the rest of the house. he ate food with them but that was about it, they didn't see him any other time which worried his foster parent.

phil was just glad that wilbur would be starting school, it meant he would getting out of the house and interacting with others around him. that's what he had hoped would happen anyway.

it said on his file that he would never interact with other kids, he kept to himself which didn't really bother phil considering techno was the same. he just wanted the boy to know that he was there for him and that he didn't need to shy away from them all.

it's understandable that he wanted to be by himself at times but it also concerned phil, he was worried that his mental health was going to plummet.

little did he know it already had, wilbur was miserable, getting out of bed to get a shower or brush his teeth was becoming a chore. it was getting bad all over again, his hair was was full of knots and was becoming matted.

when he sat down at the dinner table the bags under his eyes were the first thing the family noticed, another thing techno noticed was the way he would run into the bathroom as soon as he had finished eating.

it was clear wilbur was not okay, techno didn't know what to do either. if they confronted wilbur about it he would probably make it worse and if they went to his dad about it would also probably make it worse.

that's what techno thought anyway.

in reality, if he told his dad he would be able to help wilbur but for some stupid reason techno didn't. they didn't even know how they would bring it up in conversation.