chapter nine

"whats up mate?" phil asks as he takes a seat at the foot of the boys bed "how are you feeling about wilbur?"

"i don't know" he sighs as he continues to stare at the ceiling "i know wilbur did get hit by a car but what did you mean when you said they found out he was ill?"

"oh um" phil cleared his throat "wilbur is underweight and is malnourished, he's on a feeding tube at the moment and they suspect he's got an eating disorder"

the pinkette quickly tensed up as soon as his father said those words, he knew about it yet he didn't say anything. how could he be so stupid.

"oh my god, dad" he sighed as he sat up, tears forming in the corner of his eyes as his breathing sped up "i know it's a lot to take in tech, that's why i didn't say it in front of tommy but you know i'm here for you"

"do you want a hug?" the boy just nodded as he melted into the touch of his fathers warm embrace "tell me son, what's happened? what's on your mind?"

"i knew about wilbur" he panted and tears continued to fall "i'm sorry i didn't tell you, i thought it would make things worse for him and i tried to help him but it didn't work!"

"oh techno, i know you did what you thought was best for wilbur and i'm proud of you for that, i'll always be proud of you no matter what" he squeezes his sons shoulder and pulls them in even closer.

"we are going to help wilbur when he gets back and you know you can always talk to me tech, don't keep it all built up inside please" he whispered to the pinkette "and if you don't want to talk to me you could go back to dr. philips, he helped a lot didn't he?"

"mhm" techno nodded as they rested their head on phils shoulder, tears falling down his face and landing on his fathers shirt. he didn't seem to mind though, he just cared about his son.

before the watsons left the house phil made a quick phone call to let eret know about what techno said, about wilbur and what he had been doing