chapter twenty-six

Chapter Twenty-Six -  Escaping That Hellhole

Ophelia watched as Regina performed a spell. 

Regina ran her hands above Henry, "This preservation spell can keep him in this condition for a while longer. Buy us time to get to Pan."

Emma looked up at Neal, "You were a Lost Boy. Any idea where he went?"

"Well, I, I know where he lived. Where his compound-"

"That's idiotic. We all know that. You think he's stupid enough to go back? You're useless," Regina snapped. 

"Okay enough."

Ophelia shook her head, "Back off Emma, she's scared." 

"Don't tell me what's enough. My son is dying!"

"Our son. So, yes, I know how you feel," Emma tried. 

"You have no idea what I feel. You have your parents. Your sister. You have this person," Regina exclaimed, gesturing to Neal. "You have everything and yet you claim to know what I feel? All I have is Henry and I'm not about to lose him because he is everything."

Ophelia knelt down next to her, gently grasping her hand, "You're right. What do you want to do? You want to run the show? Run it. How do we save Henry?" Her voice was soft as she spoke. 

"I don't know."

"Even if we can find Pan, he was probably powerful before without Henry's heart. I-I don't know if we can hurt him," Neal queried. 

Regina's eyes landed on Emma's sword, "Yes we can. Look. You nicked him. He can bleed. We can hurt him. And if we can hurt him, we can kill him. And we will."

---

They relayed the story to Mary Margaret, David and Hook.

Mary Margaret was the first to speak, "Gold is in a box. And David can never leave the island."

"Are you fucking with me? Henry is fucking dying," Ophelia exclaimed moving forward, only for Emma to hold her back. She struggled against her grasp. "Let me at her," she muttered, but Emma tightened her hold instead. 

"Mary Margaret, that doesn't matter. I've already made peace with that. What matters is Henry," David announced. "How much time do we have?"

Ophelia calmed slightly after he said that. At least his focus wasn't something they couldn't do anything about. 

"Maybe an hour before the preservation spell wears off," Regina answered.

"If he's airborne, he can be anywhere on the island," Neal voiced. 

Ophelia scoffed, "Thank you so much, because we didn't already fucking know that."

"You know what-" Neal began.