chapter thirty-eight

Chapter Thirty Eight - Summoning the Dead

Ophelia was going to flip her shit and kill the Wicked Witch and Rumplestilskin for the fact they had stolen Regina's heart by using Roland (Robin's son) against Robin. She couldn't blame him for giving away the heart. If Henry had been at risk, she might have done the same, she probably would have actually. So, she couldn't judge. And apparently, Regina couldn't either. 

Ophelia knew Regina a year and a half ago would have wanted Robin dead for what he did, but Regina now didn't. She had grown. And if anyone said anything against her she would fight them. 

Regina also needed Ophelia's help because Belle would not help her alone. Which, was how Ophelia had been caught up on everything. She strolling beside Regina as she asked question after question.

Belle hated Regina. But she liked Ophelia. And it was obvious, more so in that moment as Belle yelled at Regina about everything she had done to her than ever, that she hated the woman. 

"Apologise," Ophelia muttered from her place next to Regina. 

So the woman did and it was sincere. With a little help from the fact, the Wicked Witch had Rumplestilskin, Belle opened up about the spell and how she was cross-referencing the ingredients to try and figure out what she was making. 

The big obstacle was that they didn't know why her heart was so important. And the candle that Snow had used to kill Cora would help.

"Are we about to perform a seance?" Ophelia asked as Regina took the candle from Belle. 

"Yes, but first let's fill everyone in, shall we?"

---

Regina pointed Ophelia in the direction of the library in her house once everyone else had situated themselves there. Regina had decided to give Ophelia something to eat before they continued, knowing the woman was rather bad at looking after herself (she also tricked her into drinking water). Ophelia stepped inside, spotting Hook with an apple in his hand.

"I'd watch out for the apples in this house," she quipped, hanging her coat up. 

"Aye."

She huffed, "It was a joke. Where's your sense of humour?"

He threw the apple to the side, "It left when the witch arrived."

"Well, we're gonna take care of that. Regina has a plan and it's a great one," Ophelia informed.

Hook sat next to her, "I'm sure she does."

David took this opportunity to chime in, "Ophelia, will you please tell your mother that we're not gonna name your brother Leopold."

"Uh, why not? It was my father's name," Snow argued. 

"People will make fun of him."

"My father was a king."