chapter six

Chapter Six - Nap Time

Ophelia followed Mulan to the part of the Enchanted Forest that held the poppy they searched for. 

"Once we crest this ridge, we'll be near the woods of the dead. The last poppies in this realm have taken seed there," Mulan explained as she used her sword to clear a path. 

Ophelia looked to Mary Margaret to see her lost in thought.

"You okay?" She asked as she fell back to stay beside Mary Margaret.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she reassured. 

"Hey. Wait. Wait. No, no, no. You look nervous. This Netherworld, how bad is it? What's it like?"

"It's like you're, um, lost, drifting in the dark. No one to talk to, nothing to do, except think of all the people that you love, and how you'll never see them again," Mary Margaret revealed. 

Ophelia's heart sank as she glanced to Emma to make sure she wasn't listening in. Henry was trapped there. 

"Henry was lost in that dark too because of me," she replied. 

"What are you talking about?"

"He tried so hard to convince me I was the saviour," she stated. 

"Stop it. Nobody would've believed Henry's stories," Mary Margaret argued. 

"But his aunt should have," she fought.

"Okay. You want to play the blame game?" Mary Margaret began, stopping where she was. If I hadn't told Cora about Regina's true love, Cora never would've killed him. Regina wouldn't want revenge. The curse? Never would have happened. We could spend all day trying to figure out why each of us should feel guilty, but it will not help us get home," she finished. 

"You really think we're going to make it back?" Ophelia sought. 

"If there's one thing your father's taught me, it's not to give up," she assured. "Now, it's time for me to go back to sleep."

"Don't tell Emma what it was like there, she'll blame herself even if she wasn't the one he was trying to convince," Ophelia pleaded. "She may be older than me but it doesn't mean I can't try and protect her."

Mary Margaret smiled, nodding before they began catching up to Mulan and Emma.

They finally found the poppy. Mulan began to crush the poppy seeds with her dagger. 

"The powder's nearly ready," Mulan informed. 

"How long will the effects last?" Mary Margaret questioned. 

"It's difficult to say. Maybe an hour, or much less," Mulan answered. 

"Well, I shouldn't need much time. As long as Henry's in there when I am," Mary Margaret voiced.