chapter thirty

Chapter Thirty - Reunited

ONE YEAR LATER

Ophelia trudged into the kitchen, having slept through her first alarm like always. She grabbed the plate on the side left out for her before going towards the table. 

"Ophelia, someone's at the door for you," Emma called.

"If it's Lewis tell him to fuck off, I'm not interested and I'm keeping the necklace," she called back.

Emma glanced back to the man.

"I'm not Lewis," he assured. 

"He's not Lewis," Emma yelled. 

Ophelia groaned, walking towards the door, "Who the fuck are you?"

"Swan. At last-" the man spoke, taking a step forward. 

Ophelia held out an arm, blocking his way, "Emma you can go back to breakfast." Emma nodded, going back to Henry as her sister said. "Do I know you?"

"Look, I need your help. Something's happened. Something terrible. Your family is in trouble," the man pleaded. 

"My family's right here. Who are you? Are you high?" She questioned. 

"No. I'm an old friend. Look, I know you can't remember me, but... I can make you," he tried, before planting a kiss on her lips. 

Ophelia froze for a second, she didn't know why he felt so familiar. She snapped out of it and kicked him, shoving him away. There was a thud as his back hit the wall across from her, "The hell are you doing? There's a fucking word for that you creep."

"A long shot. I had to try. I was hoping you felt as I did," he reasoned. 

Ophelia frowned, "What you'll feel is the handcuffs when I call the cops."

"Nice try. You hate them," he fought. 

She glared, "Fine, then you'll feel pain when I stab you."

"Look, I know this seems crazy, but you have to listen to me. You have to remem-" 

Ophelia rolled her eyes, slamming the door in his face. She did not have time for whoever he was. She went back to the kitchen, keeping an eye on her phone, where the doorbell camera app sat, to tell her whether he was still there or not.

"Who was that?" Henry asked as she sat opposite him. 

"No clue, kid. Someone must have left the door open downstairs. Eat your breakfast, it's brain food. Someone here's gotta be a super genius so we can take over the world," she quipped, gesturing with her fork to his plate.

---

Ophelia went about her day, trying her best to forget everything that had happened. She stopped off at the store for snacks that were definitely not Emma-approved, but she didn't care, she was the one babysitting.