chapter thirty-seven

Chapter Thirty Seven - Magic and Mermaids

Ophelia had tried to help build the crib for Mary Margaret and David for all of two minutes. She read about a paragraph of the instructions and quit, announcing she was going out to get coffee and asking if they wanted anything. 

She came back with their requests in time to bump into Regina who had put up a new protection spell around the flat to avoid Zelena getting in. It couldn't be undone by blood magic, so they were safe for a while. 

Emma, however, wasn't happy. She claimed they had to take the fight to her despite the fact Regina barely won the one the night before.

"That's gonna go about as well as my previous relationships," Ophelia quipped. 

"Oh honey," Mary Margaret muttered, placing a hand on her arm. 

Ophelia smiled, "Joking. But seriously that's gonna go terribly. She's super powerful and has magic."

"You have magic too. You just can't always control it but if you and Regina teamed up. If she taught you."

"Now why does this feel so familiar," Regina mocked. 

"She's ready this time."

"Don't speak for your sister," Regina defended. "Let her say whether she wants to learn or not."

Ophelia glanced between the pair, seeing the pleading look Emma was sending her. She sighed, "Fine. I'll do it."

Regina stared, waiting to see if Ophelia meant it, when she nodded at the woman she nodded back, "Okay. But if we do this, we do this my way. This is a way of life. You have to fully commit to it."

Ophelia nodded once more, "Okay."

"Meet me in my vault in one hour," she finished. 

Ophelia got up, about to get ready for the day when David offered to look after Henry with Mary Margaret. Ophelia made eye contact with Emma, who told them it wasn't a good idea. They pestered them about it until they revealed that Henry thought they were boring. The last time they looked after him they spoke about nothing but babies, that wasn't exactly a twelve-year-old's idea of a good time. 

Ophelia grabbed her coffee, "Emma will be here. She's the buffer. Maybe then he can see how fun you are if Emma like steers it all away from babies?"

"I'm going with you," Emma informed. 

"Oh. Okay. Then Killian? Henry likes him," she suggested. She saw that Mary Margaret and David weren't happy about that but Emma agreed. "Okay, I can drop him. Only if you want-"

"Go see your boyfriend," Emma laughed. 

"He's not my boyfriend. But okay," she retorted. 

---