Part 2: Friends With The Mountain Kid

Gon and Kilua continued to talk and Leorio was starting to get tired. Shirayuki noticed it and remembered Leorio being friends with Gon and sighed, moving a distance behind Leorio to look out for him. 

          Gon stopped when Leorio dropped his suit case and later dropped to the floor. Shirayuki stopped and saw the suit case and picked it up. 

         "Leorio!" Gon worried.

         "Gon, let's just go." Killua said.

       "This damn exam...DAMN IT ALL!" Leorio yelled, running at full speed forward.

       Shirayuki then grabbed the suitcase and ran forward to give it to Leorio. Gon then went to use his fishing rod to get the suit case but saw gone.

       "Wait, where'd his suitcase go-"

       "Here's his suitcase, I made sure that it wasn't damaged or anything." Shirayuki said, giving it to Gon.

       "Oh, thanks!" Gon smiled.

       "Yeah, I tripped on it and I had nothing better to do so...See ya." Shirayuki lied, walking away.

       "Wait, wait!" Gon said, using his fishing rod to grab her jacket sleeve.

       "What's up?" Shirayuki asked, removing the fishing rod.

      "You were never able to answer my question before, wanna be friends?" Gon asked.

       Shirayuki sighed and nodded with a small smile, "I'd love to be friends."

      "You're one of the other children my age, it'll be lots of fun!" Gon cheered.

      "I have to go now, it was nice meeting you two." Shirayuki said, before running forward.

      "Oh, I couldn't introduce you! Hopefully, we meet her again." Gon realised.

      "She didn't even ask me for my name." Killua muttered, quite upset.

      "Well, maybe she was about to but had to go. Why are you so upset?" Gon suggested.

      "It's nothing, she's just a weirdo. I don't care." Killua said.

      "What makes her a weirdo?" Gon questioned.

      "She's just a weirdo, that's all." Killua told him, looking down and avoiding eye contact. 

      "Hm, okay." Gon shrugged.

       Shirayuki then felt tired, "Maybe it's because of this jumping thing." Shirayuki assumed.

      'Her jacket is a bit big on her, it's probably my size. I wonder why she wasn't even sweating.'

     "Killua, you okay? You're spacing out?" Gon asked with concern.

     "Huh? Oh, I'm fine." Killua nodded, snapping back to reality.

     "You sure? You seemed deep in thought?" Gon asked.

     "I'm fine."

     Killua was the first to notice that Shirayuki was using the pipes on the ceiling to swing forward. Gon then noticed it as well, and others soon noticed.

      "My legs really have to rest right now.." 

      Shirayuki muttered while swinging from pipe to pipe. Her hands then felt tired and she jumped back down, and went back to running, and everyone focused on themselves.

      A few strands of her hair got stuck in the space between the pipes and hurt her head, she rubbed her head in pain but focused on getting through the tunnels.

      Shirayuki then saw Satotz, and realised that she had some questions that needed to be answered. Shirayuki then used the pipe to swing herself beside Satotz.

      "Oh, hello." Satotz smiled, turning his head to see Shirayuki.

      "Hi, Satotz-San. I have a few questions about this and was wondering whether or not you'd be okay with answering." Shirayuki explained.

     "Of course, ask away." Satotz nodded.

     "What is a Hunter? What do we get if we pass this Hunter exam? How dangerous is it? Will there be a time where participants have to move places? Is it possible to move as fast as you? Is a Hunter exam difficult to pass?" Shirayuki started asking.

     "Well, there are many types of hunters. There are bounty hunters, who go after wanted people. There are gourmet hunters, who find ingredients to make new dishes. And there are many more which you can find out yourself. And if you pass the Hunter exam, you get a hunter license, which has a lot of perks. Hunter exams are very dangerous, many applicants die during the different phases. Well, I only know of my duty as an examiner, I'm not sure about the rest.  It will be possible to move as fast as me, once you gain more experience. And the Hunter exam is known to be very difficult." Satotz answered.

      "Okay, thanks!" Shirayuki thanked, smiling at him.

     "You know, your stamina is phenomenal. You've been running for so long, and you haven't even broken a sweat. You must've trained for this." Satotz praised.

      "Well, thank you for the compliment. I have trained for a while, but it was a long time ago. It's more of all the activities I do take a lot of energy so I ended up with a lot of stamina. I still have a lot of energy left in me." Shirayuki laughed nervously, rubbing the back of her neck. 

       "Well, that's good. Because you'll need it." Satotz said, looking forward to see stairs.

       Shirayuki looked as well, seeing the tall stairs. She looked behind to see no one, realising that they're further behind. Shirayuki then got a yoyo and threw a Kunai and Shuriken. She had attached the yoyo to the kunai and shuriken and pulled herself all the way to the end.

       She then put on a mask upon seeing the forest in front of her. She then felt another presence and turned around, she saw no one but still kept her guard up. She sat down and leaned against the concrete wall of the tunnel, trying to think of a plan to get through the forest and avoid the feeling she was getting. 

      She then heard two people yell, "Goal!"

     Shirayuki looked to see Gon and Killua, arguing on who was first. She saw them ask Satotz, who told them that Shirayuki was first, but the two of them arrived simultaneously.

      "Oh, Shirayuki! Nice to see you again! I haven't introduced him to you, yet. This is Killua." Gon cheered.

      "Oh, it's nice to meet you." Shirayuki smiled, reaching her hand out for a handshake.

      Killua didn't accept it, and slapped it away, "Whatever." He muttered.

      Shirayuki was very annoyed, and Gon had walked away to talk to Leorio and Gon.

        "How's your head?" Killua whispered, looking away,

        "Huh?"

       "Your hair strands got stuck when you jumped down, you hurt your head. Didn't you?" Killua asked her.

       "Ah, well...It doesn't hurt as much as before, it's a bit sore but it's fine." Shirayuki told him, rubbing her head.

       Killua then walked towards her to get a closer look, Shirayuki flinched, "I-It's not as bad anymore though, it's fine. Better than ever!" Shirayuki cheered, moving back.

      "Well, I have to go Kil...lua." Shirayuki said, having trouble remembering how to pronounce his name in Japanese, before leaving.