Let's talk about those songs

Hi everyone, 

Good news, I am not dead and I haven't forgotten about this story. My life became a bit hectic over the last few months and I had to prioritize other things over writing.

The good news is that I am already halfway into the next chapter and I am planning to finish it this weekend (the emphasis is on planning though...).

Thank you for all the nice comments under the last chapter and I hope you are still interested in the story. Enjoy!

xx R.

______________________________________________________________

Saturday, November 13, 2021

"Well, officially welcome to la casa Parker!" I said while the elevator door opened up to my apartment.

"Looks just as amazing as I remembered." Cari shook her head with a soft smile. "But I want a full tour this time."

I didn't even have to ask, she immediately took off her shoes and walked into the kitchen. I followed her with a smile as Fletch slowly looked around. We both have pretty similar styles, but I usually prefer a slightly darker wood tone and more metal around me.

"Okay, this is pretty amazing," Cari spoke up after a few seconds and I just shrugged while placing her guitar next to the sofa for now.

"I got lucky." I started the tale of the penthouse. "I wanted to invest in a few houses, and this was selling for less than the average market price at this location. I wasn't planning to move back to NYC back then, but when things changed, it was a no-brainer that I wanted to move in here." I don't really like talking about my money. It doesn't matter that I am a billionaire; I really don't want people to treat me differently because of it. Not that I think Cari would. "Ready for the tour?"

"Hell, yeah. Show me everything." She clapped and walked next to me.

"Okay, let's start from the beginning." I reached for her wrist and pulled Cari back to the elevator entrance. "On the left, there is a storage place which is perfect for winter stuff, coats, and things that you only need to put on before leaving the house. On the left, there is a small bathroom." I pointed toward it, and Cari nodded. "I really wanted a designated dinner area so I can organize friend dinners or work meetings without the need of booking a place. Of course, I try to keep my job and my personal life separated, but I know from experience that sometimes it is just easier if you have a place to do it at home as well." I remembered back to all the dinner nights that we had to solve because all the worthy restaurants were closed and we had to dine 15 people due to an unforeseen business deal. "The kitchen is fully renovated. It originally had very dark wood everywhere and it looked so old. This clean, grey design with the black metal pieces is way more fitting to my liking." I explained further. I wouldn't have gone into such details with anyone else, but this was Cari. I knew that she was interested in what I was saying. "The upper living/waiting room is perfect if you want to be in the same place and talk while your partner is cooking." I could have explained it differently, but it just slipped out. I was telling her exactly how I imagined my life here. She doesn't have to know that in my dreams, it was her sitting on this sofa while I was cooking for her or the other way around. "I also have a tiny balcony right here with a pretty nice view that you have already seen." I pointed toward the balcony.

"Pretty nice, huh?" Cari laughed while looking over at the skyscrapers of Manhattan. "Everything is so stylish and still warm, and so you." She smiled and squeezed my hand. I just realized that I was still holding hers. I thought of letting her go for a second, but she didn't seem to mind our touch, and I wanted to be selfish for a few extra minutes. Let me have some new images for my dreams tonight.