Cozy December nights

Friday, December 3, 2021

The first of December brought New York's winter weather in full swing, and we had agreed to spend Friday night at my apartment since it had started snowing severely early in the morning. It seemed like the perfect opportunity for me to showcase my culinary skills and impress Fletcher, so I gathered all the ingredients for the Tuscan Butter Salmon and side dishes. 

Fletcher, being her stubborn self, refused to be picked up since I was working from home that day. She insisted she could find her own way to my house this time. While I grumbled about Cari's obstinacy for a while, I couldn't deny that it allowed me to start cooking a bit sooner, and I was almost ready by the time Jack, the porter, called.

"How are you doing, Jack?" I asked through my speaker.

"All is well, Ms. Parker. I'm calling to let you know that a beautiful woman is standing in the lobby, hoping to be allowed up," Jack said cheerfully. I rolled my eyes, chuckling at his words. Ever since I moved in, Jack, a 62-year-old receptionist, had taken it upon himself to play matchmaker and find me love. He persistently questioned whether I had been successful in the previous months, and now that Cari had started staying at my place regularly again, he was over the moon thrilled. What a nosy jerk.

"Thank you, Jack. Please let her up," I replied, and then, on a whim, I added, "You don't need to call up anymore; you can allow her in whenever she wishes."

"Yes, ma'am, yes." I laughed out loud at his response and headed towards the entrance after hanging up. It felt like only a moment had passed when I heard the elevator approaching. With a gentle bing, the doors opened, and there stood Fletcher. One glance over her made me bite my lower lip. She wore a big winter coat that was already open, revealing her leather trousers and a white polo shirt that partially exposed her toned stomach. Her hair was slicked back, and her makeup was slightly heavier than usual. I was grateful that I hadn't changed into my casual home clothes yet, still wearing my dark blue suit trousers and a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up and a few more buttons undone than during the day.

"Hey," I smiled at her and moved closer to remove her jacket, but she surprised me by wrapping her arms around my neck and pulling me in for a brief kiss.

"Hey to you too," Cari smiled, then took off her jacket and handed it to me, her gaze locked with mine. "You look stunning."

"Well, if I look stunning, there are no words to describe you," I glanced over her once more, shook my head, and made an effort to collect myself before continuing. "Go inside, I've already started dinner," I said as I placed her coat in the side storage room.

"It already smells amazing," I could hear her voice more clearly now as I made my way back to the kitchen. She was already standing at the kitchen island, looking at our dinner menu. "I love salmon so much," she smiled at me.

"Alright, queen, have a seat and relax while I finish up our dinner," I ushered her to a seat by the counter and retrieved her preferred bottle of wine from the cooler. "May I pour you a drink?"

"Thank you, my lady," Cari grinned as I handed her the glass, and I poured myself one as well, taking a sip. I could never get enough of seeing her so casual and at home on a random Friday night with me. This feels so familiar and yet so exhilaratingly new at the same time.

I had intended to pass by her and continue cooking, but Fletcher had other plans. She grabbed my belt and pulled me between her thighs, our faces just inches apart.

"How was your day? How is your hand?" Cari asked, her usual half-smile revealing those irresistible dimples. She knew exactly how much they affected me.