The hospital

Hi guys, 
The new chapter is here! T
hanks for all the positive feedback I have been receiving from all of you. I love reading them. :)

And my question for this chapter is:
Do you get to see Fletcher singing her soul out somewhere in the upcoming weeks?
I am waiting for the announcement of another solo Europe tour....

Anyway, have fun reading this chapter and please don't forget to like and comment. :)

xx, R. 

__________________________________________

November 23rd, Tuesday

11.06 am. 

"Ms. Cortez, thank you for another successful meeting." I held out my hand to formally say goodbye after our final meeting with the constructors.. "I am eager to see the finished product and can't wait for the Shelter to officially open in the coming weeks."

"Call me Alex or Alexandria. After this project, I believe we are on first name terms." She grinned at me as she shook my hand firmly. "Without you, we would not have been able to succeed. We appreciate you taking a stance for this important cause."

"Only if you call me Avery." I agreed immediately. "As I told you before, I'd like to make a positive impact on issues that mean a lot to me. I hope you keep my number in mind for future projects." I reminded her of our initial meeting, in which I almost had to convince her that my desire to help was motivated solely by compassion and not by the desire to earn media attention.

"In the office, you're already on speed dial. The interns can't stop talking about you." A chuckle escaped her lips before she checked the time. "But I really need to get going; I'm already running late for my next mee..."

"Kelsey, STOP!" We heard a sudden scream from close by. My eyes were drawn to the screaming woman holding a baby, and a few seconds later I saw why she was shouting. A young child, holding a ball, was standing almost in the middle of the street straight in front of us on the opposite side of the road.

I didn't give it much thought as I dashed across the street to grab her and then jumped out of the way of the oncoming traffic as I could hear a vehicle getting closer and closer to us and blasting its horn. When we fell on the hard sidewalk, I immediately felt pain in my right arm, but I did not care about the discomfort at all.

"Are you okay? Did you hurt yourself?" I did my best to meet the gaze of the little child who was sobbing loudly in my arms. I tried to check her out without moving too much in case she did have an injury, but she didn't respond to my questions.

"Oh my gosh, Kelsey." The mother's voice became louder and she picked up the child the following second. "Are you all right, baby? Is anything hurting?" As soon as the young girl started shaking her head, I couldn't help but feel a sense of relief, and I laid back down.

"Hey, Avery, how are you doing?" I heard AOC's voice as she knelt next to me. 

I tried to sit up, but she kept me down and prevented me from doing so.

"Wait a minute, you suffered a massive fall and I saw you hit your head and arm. How are you feeling? Is there anything that hurts?" She spoke quietly, but I could see she was concerned.

"I..." I was about to brush it off, when all of a sudden I became aware of an intensity of the pain in my lower right arm and in the back of my head. "Yeah, I believe I may have broken my arm, and I may also have a concussion," I confessed.

"Are you able to move your arms and legs?" After inspecting the back of my head for any wounds, she turned to face me again.

Fortunately, everything moved as it should have with the exception of my right hand. She and another passerby helped me gently get to my feet, and I did my best to secure my injured arm beneath my jacket.