I think you know exactly what we are going to do

Hi guys, 
I got tipsy and decided to give you an early surprise. This chapter wasn't supposed to go out for another few days, but I think I made you wait long enough. Enjoy. ;)

Please leave a comment or a star. I can see that the story was opened over 500 times since the last chapter but I can only see 1-2 regulars commenting/liking. To those gals, thank you for your support, it really means a lot!

xx. R.

_____

November 26, Friday

5.22 p.m.
Do you want to come over? Let's get some takeout and unwind together. xx Car

Since my injury, we have not stopped talking to one another, and I am required to provide a status update on how I am recovering almost every hour. On the other side, we were unable to meet since I've been swamped with work and the injury is making it much more difficult for me to go anywhere or do anything.  As if that weren't enough, she's also been doing interviews and getting ready for her upcoming tour resulting in zero free time in between. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that I was absolutely ecstatic after receiving her message. I can't think of anything more enjoyable to do on a Friday evening than to cuddle up with her and watch a movie. Okay, Avery, you need to chill, just because you cuddled last time it does not mean that you should expect it again. Still, my response was a no brainer. 

5.24 p.m.
I will be there in an hour. xx Ave

5.24 p.m.
Okay, can't wait. Be careful on the way. xx Car

_________

Not even an hour had passed before I was standing at her door, smiling wide as I knocked on the door. Cari eventually opened it after a few seconds and glanced at me with an astonished expression on her face.

"One of your neighbors has just returned home, and since he has recognized me around the neighborhood on previous occasions, he opened the door for me." I explained while walking into her apartment with ease. "I gave him my word that he could have a better look at my car the next time we meet."

"You already have a better relationship with my neighbors than I do." Cari gave me a knowing grin while simultaneously shaking her head. I loved our playful banters, it always made me feel like... us. Only for a split second, however, since the next thing I knew, she looked worried and reached for my hand. "Where exactly is your cast?!"

"Oh, right here." I pulled the sleeves of my sweater up to show her my new, modern, 3D cast that was securely fastened to my fractured wrist. "I went to see my GP and questioned her about the possibility of getting a 3D cast to replace the traditional one. In fact, one of the companies I'm investing in is working on something quite similar, and the team there has been more than happy to provide a hand in gathering relevant information. My physician went over it, and once she was done, we were permitted to put it up today." I twisted my hand around. "It is superior than the older types of plasters because it allows for more ventilation, is lighter, but at the same time it keeps the injured area much more firmly in place."

"Why am I not shocked that you did not even make it through a week with the standard cast?" Cari shook her head, but she delicately released her grip on my arm so that she could give me proper hug. She smelled so fucking delicious, and have I mentioned what she was wearing?! Cari was dressed in yoga pants and a black knitted oversized sweater that clearly revealed that she was not wearing a bra. She's going to destroy me one day. "Hey."