Let me take care of you

Hi all, 
Sorry for the long wait once again. I have zero time and energy to write lately, but I hope that will change soon. This chapter was especially hard to finish for some reason. On the other hand, I am super excited for the next one. ;)

Let me know what you think. I loooooove reading your comments and speculations! What do you think, what is coming next? Is Fletch ready to give in? Who is going to take the next step?

Looking forward to those comments and likes. 
xx, R. 

________

November 23rd, Tuesday

04.36 pm. 

"Couch, now" Cari issued the command as soon as we stepped inside the door. She assisted me in taking off my coat and escorted me down the steps cautiously, making sure I didn't trip. "Are you hungry? I'll whip up something fast for us to eat." She suggested while chewing on the corner of her bottom lip. Even though I felt terrible that I was once again adding to her distress, I couldn't help but notice how adorable she looked. All I wanted to do was pull her closer to me and snuggle with her until we were both feeling better.

"Cari, you really don't have to; you've already done so much." I exclaimed instantly, settling back on the couch with a sigh of relief. The effect of the medications began to wear off, and I could feel another migraine starting to creep up on me once again.

"Shut up, Ave. Let me take care of you." Fletch shook her head and flopped down on the couch next to me. "Is there anything in particular that you're longing after?" Can I say you and blame the medicine if you don't like the answer? 

"Mmmm, what about some tomato soup?" After a few seconds of deliberation, I proposed. "My chef usually preps the veggies for me, so all I have to do is toss them together. If you can't find the soup's necessary ingredients, whatever you come up with will be delicious, I am sure. We can also order..." Cari stood up as I continued to mumble.

"Give me 15 minutes, and I'll see what I can do about it, alright?" She gave me a sweet smile as she gently brushed a few strands of hair out of my face with her left hand while doing so. I nodded and closed my eyes. The touch of her cold fingers on my feverish head was a welcomed relief.

Unfortunately, the sensation of relief vanished in the next instant, as Cari headed to the kitchen. I decided to send Nora, Kristen, and the rest of my family a few messages reassuring them that I am safe and that I have returned home. When I was done with that, it was time to change as lying on the couch in a suit is not the most ideal way of relaxing. Considering the circumstances, I was able to remove my slacks quiet swiftly, but removing my shirt was a bit of a hassle and took a few minutes. I was eventually able to get into a pair of gray sweatpants, and I put on Cari's NYU hoodie. She already knows I have it, so there's no need to hide it any longer. After all, this sweatshirt has been my go-to for years whenever I feel down.

I had just finished getting ready and was heading out of my room when I saw Cari come down the stairs carrying a tray.

"Why did you get up?!" I hastily returned to the couch as she immediately began reprimanding me. "I can't leave you for 10 minutes. Why is it so fucking hard to stay on your ass..."

"I had to change. It's more convenient this way." I smiled at her with my most innocent smile, showing off my dimples. This used to work all the time.

"Don't give me that smile, young lady!  You could have fallen... if you told me, I would have helped." I had to bite my bottom lip as she continued to lecture me. Even in this state, the thought of Cari assisting me in removing my clothes made me very... aroused. My mind immediately run to places and ideas that was not the most appropriate for our current situation.