💍 Engagement 💍

Why are you doing this? Why you want to marry me? Just now you told every girl will have so many desires for her husband and marriage. You clearly know that I cannot give you that. Then why are you spoiling your life by marrying me?

She gave him a tender smile and told him

Because I am so selfish Arnav. I love my Rohini maa too much and for the first time she has asked me something, that is to marry you. I don't want to be dishonest to you by saying that I accepted immediately to that. I have thought about it wisely so none of us is going to suffer by this decision.

Arnav was about to say something but she has cut him down

By the way what do you mean by I am spoiling my life by marrying you? I never had any expectations from my husband. My only desire is he being my bestest friend. I am pretty much sure you will be my greatest friend. Won't you? She pouted so cutely asking that question and her eyes showing the excitement so Arnav had no choice but to nod in agreement.

He face beamed with joy and she continued again

The greatest thing I am getting by marrying you is my Rohini maa. Until now we only had heart connection but now she is my mother by all means. Don't you think I am gaining too much from this marriage where as you stand as a loser? Kushi teased him at last showing her tongue

This made Arnav come back from his reverie and uttered his second famous dialogue

What ever.....

With this she opened the door and came into the hall followed by Arnav

Arnav was about to leave but Kushi stopped him by holding his wrist

Arnav, can I say one last thing?

Yes

If you put a full stop, it's an end to the sentence but if you put two more dots at the end of a sentence that means there's still more to it. Life is also same like that. Don't end it with one dot called fear. Just put two more dots to it, TRUST and HOPE. That will add a different spectrum to the life.

I am not saying this as your fiancée but as your friend who wants to see you happy all the time.

Now go and think calmly and then take a decision. I will be with you in this no matter what's your decision is. She squeezed his hand in hers while saying this.

Arnav cannot find anything but sincerity in her eyes. She is very serious about what ever she is saying and somehow he understood that. Suddenly he felt overwhelmed and just took her into a bone crushing hug.

Since Amrutha left him, he was never happy. Everyone just either pitied with him or just spoke bad about her for leaving him and asked him to move on. But Kushi is the first one who neither showed pity nor anger for Amrutha.

Instead she claimed that she don't even want to compete with his Ammu. She is here standing with him genuinely and giving him comfort inspite of him saying no to marry her.  What else he need. He already made the decision in his heart. He is going to marry her. He could never get a girl like Kushi who can make him see things clearly. If not as a wife and husband they both can lead a life based on friendship. That's what he thought at last. Yes friends for lifetime ( let us see what their future is going to unfold)

Thank you so much Kushi. Thanks for everything. I am really feeling very light after talking to you.

Though Kushi got stunned for the sudden hug, hearing his confession she also became excited and reciprocated the hug by putting her arms around his torso.

As they both were lost in the warmth of each other they came to this world by hearing someone's fake cough.

Arnav felt embarrassed seeing Sashi standing infront of them with a teasing grin. It's the second time he is catching them like this. Before he can react he got stunned hearing Kushi's statement

What Papa, you always come in the wrong timing???

He became more stunned at Sashi's response

You chose to romance with your would be husband openly in the hall and blaming me for the wrong time?

Not saying anything Kushi just glared at him angrily with her hands on her tiny waist

Ho ho that look of yours is not going to work out anymore. See I got my son in law now. I am not going to be scared of you anymore. What do you say Arnav?

Not knowing what to say he just nodded his head in such a way that looked like neither saying yes nor No

Ho please, why will my husband contradict with me and agree with you? Kushi gave the reply back

Seeing their funny banter Arnav realized two things. The first one being said the funny rapport between kushi and her father. They were more like friends rather than a father and a daughter. If she is being so friendly with her father that means she is expecting the same friendliness from her husband too. With this he remembered their previous encounter where she told him that she wants her husband to be her bestest friend. He promised to himself that he is going to be a good friend to her no matter what is stored for them in their future.

Second thing is how happy Sashi is while referring to  him as his son in law. No wonder why Kushi stated that as the first reason when he asked to call of the marriage

Can't you see how my father and everyone outside working so hard to make this marriage happen?

One impulsive decision of him would have changed all this. If he hadn't come to talk to Kushi and just blindly cancelled this marriage, how dreadful that situation would have been. He shuddered just at the thought of it.

Finally coming from his reverie he bid bye to them and left to his house.

He apologized Rohini for acting foolishly. Rohini is on cloud nine seeing the difference in Arnav's attitude. Though he didn't inform her about the talk with Kushi she guessed it must be Kushi's influence which changed his decision. If Kushi can make so much impact on him in such a less time then she is sure that she can make herself some space in Arnav's life.

Finally the engagement is done with very few close relatives and friends. The moment Arnav's eyes landed on Kushi who is wearing his favorite red color sari the world froze. The only person he can see is Kushi looking at him with a slight shy smile making her cheeks go more pink.

Both of them exchanged the rings with a content smile on their lips. Finally their marriage got fixed after 10 days.

Sorry guys for the delay. I was little busy lately. I am not going to write so much about the engagement or marriage. I will directly go into their married life. So stay tuned guys.

Thank you so much guys for all the love you are giving me through your precious votes. Though I don't reply to your comments I always read them and cherish them in my heart. Thank you so much for supporting me in this journey guys.  Bye bye see you soon.