Misunderstanding

Arnav woke up early as he is an early riser. He turned his head and saw a cute and innocent Kushi sleeping on her side. He then remembered all the happenings of yesterday and a small smile crept on his face.

Now he is married. His life is going to change a lot. This is the first change, sharing his bed with his wife.   With that thought he looked at the clock and it read 7 O clock.

If he is correct it's going to be Kushi's pehla rasoi today. She has to cook some sweet for everyone. He dreamed of this day a lot. His wife cooking his favorite sweet with lots of love and making him eat. Everyone praising his wife for her culinary skills he becoming a proud husband, like this he dreamt a lot. Even before Amrutha entered his life he had this dream in his mind. So finally the day has come but he didn't understand how to feel?

Should he feel happy for his dream going to be true or sad that Amrutha is not the one who is performing this ritual? Keeping all the unwanted thoughts away he decided to wake up Kushi. Still there are some relatives at home and he doesn't want to give them a chance to point a finger at his wife.

Kushi, Kushi ...... get up

What's your problem Arnav? Why don't you let me sleep? Go away you monster.... She chided him for waking her from her beauty sleep

Great, so she knows it's me who is waking her, that means she clearly knows it's her first day of marriage and still she wants to sleep? What should I do? Should I tell her or let her sleep? He decided to try one last time

Kushi, it's our first day of marriage. Still some relatives are there in house. I don't want them to point their fingers at you for waking up late. So please get up. After they left I will not even bother you. You can get up any time. Promise he promised her gently trying to put some sense in her sleepy head

With this she opened her eyes with a jerk.

Today is my first day. Ho god, I have to cook something today. What should I cook? She looked at Arnav with tension

Seeing her tension filled face Arnav got confused. Then it dawned on him

You don't know cooking? He asked her with shock

What do you mean by I don't know cooking? I can cook rice so we'll. you know? She announced proudly but immediately added

But at home Papa washes the rice and adds water. But here Papa is not there so what should I do? She looked at Arnav expectantly thinking he might help her

But Arnav was in no mood to see all this. He is stuck at the rice part only

So you don't even know how much water to add to the rice but very proudly announcing you can cook rice so well? Do anyone call that "knowing" COOKING?

What do you mean by that? Do you know how difficult it is to cook rice? You should switch on the stove and put the bowl on the stove. you should clearly know when to remove the lid and when to put it back and put in sim and again switch it off at the right time. AT THE RIGHT TIME.

Hmmm if you don't remove the lid at the right time, all the water overflows and stove will get damaged. Sometimes even gas will go waste and there are so many dangers to that. I will come to that later.  Now where am I? Haa Once the water goes away, there is no enough water and the rice becomes dry and under cooked. If you don't switch off the stove at the right time then it will burn and whole rice go wastes.

What you are thinking as a menial thing is not a menial thing MR Arnav Singh Raizada. If the rice is not cooked well then how much ever tasty your currries might be they all will go waste. It's the rice which compliments the curry not the other way. Understood.