Revenge

Finally the reception has come to an end and everyone except close family members left the venue.

Rohini asked Sashi and buaji to stay back at their place for the night as the venue is closer to their house and also it's already late night. So they agreed and everyone reached their house.

After reaching their room Arshi were disturbed by a knock on the door. Arnav who opened the door got little perplexed seeing Kushi's buaji at the door.

Buaji aap, is everything Okay? Asked confused Arnav as he was not expecting her to visit them at this time

Jee Babua,  Madumathi assured him

Listening to their talks Kushi came forward and found her buaji at the door and welcomed her inside the room.

She had put her hand on Kushi's head affectionately and spoke

I am very happy to see you settled in your life beta. Just by looking into your eyes I can say how truly happy you are.

Then she turned towards Arnav and told

Sorry beta I didn't get the time to properly talk to you or know you more but just by seeing the happiness on her face I can understand that you must be taking care of her properly. 

Arnav just gave a nervous smile not knowing what else to do? Is he really taking care of her? He questioned himself.

Hai re Nandakishor! I came here to give you this and I am just blabbering. I am also becoming sanki like you only. Saying this Madhumathi lovingly beat on Kushi's head for which Kushi jokingly winced.

Haa, buaji.... She pouted so cutely

Immediately Arnav came to her side and gently started rubbing his hand on her head to sooth the pain

Did you get hurt? He asked with concern

Seeing concern in his eyes and the soothing gesture Kushi got lost in his eyes.

Seeing them like this buaji just blessed them in her own heart to always love each other like this only

Seeing both of them lost in their la la land buaji thought of giving them some lonely time. So she just handed over a box to Kushi and told

Kushi, this is your mother's jewelry. I have kept it safe with me all these years to give it you on your marriage day. But I don't have the heart to make you sad by reminding you of your mother on such special day. So I am giving it to you today. Please take care of it. She left the room and Arnav left with her to close the door after her.

After locking the door he turned and saw Kushi sitting on the bed with tears in her eyes and affectionately caressing the her late mother's necklace.

Seeing her in such state he immediately rushed to her and sat beside her giving a side hug.

It's beautiful he said caressing the necklace.

Are you missing her? He asked her rubbing his hands on her arms in a soothing way.

She just laid her head on his shoulder and said

I don't know. I don't have any memory of my mother. She passed away when I was just 8 months old. I just saw her in the photos. In my childhood every day I used to come back from school crying. Every day I used to bother my father a lot that why I didn't have a mother when everyone else have theirs?

Seeing my friends mothers coming and dropping them at school, pampering them and cooking for them so many varieties and hearing my classmates always praising their mothers I just kind of felt weird, kind of left out. So everyday I used to bother my father inspite of he giving me so much of love.