Special Chapter III - The Blooming Season

A/N: HAHAHA pasensya na, bigla nalang pumasok sa isip ko ang ideyang ito! Enjoy 😉 Dedicated sa lahat ng fans ni Miss Bougainvillea!

---

Sawlelia

It hurts.

Loving someone who can't love you back hurts bigtime.

In my more than fifty years of existence, this is the greatest heartbreak I ever experienced.

Looking at Cha--Caelan, holding his wife's hand as they walk side by side here in one of the hallways of the university breaks my heart to pieces.

My efforts of courting him and trying to win him all went to the drain.

I was left alone. Looking at them from afar.

Why does loving hurt so much? I've never expected this. Never expected I'll fall too hard for my baby boy.

"Caelan, look at me look at me now" I'm trying my best not to cry as I whisper those words.

The words that my heart wants to tell him. My baby boy!

I'm a Professor known for being strict and composed. A heartbreak can never take my title away.

I want to stop watching them but I can't. It's like my eyes have their own mind. Even if I'm hurting, I'm still watching.

Caelan and Yvy, looking at each other with loving gazes while I'm looking at them with a broken heart and unshed tears.

Is this goodbye, my baby boy? How can I move on when I'm still in love with you? And if one day you'll wake up and find that you're missing me. I'll always be here, waiting for you.

"I told you that you should've loved me and not him, my flower. Sana hindi ka nasasaktan habang pinapanood sila" I jolt in surprise when a hand suddenly covers my eyes.

I know that voice. The voice of someone who's always been there for me. Yet my heart chose to love a man who loves another woman.

"G-gold.." My voice shakes as I utter his name. Prof Salaginto, my saviour. The man who always dries my tears.

"Let's go. I'll buy you ice cream to cheer you up, my. flower" In a beat of the heart, I let Gold take me to where he wants 'cause my heart can't take watching my baby boy kissing his wife.

~

"Here, eat this. It'll cheer you up, my flower" Gold gives me the ice cream he's holding. He brought me to the park behind the University.

Luckily, it's my vacant time already.

"Thank you, Gold" Truly appreciating his effort, I gave him a slight smile.

I saw how his eyes twinkled behind his handsome glasses.

Truth be told, Gold is a handsome man. Despite his age, he can still steal the hearts of any woman. Sadly, not my heart.

"Sabi ko naman kasi sayo, ako nalang. Hindi kita sasaktan. Ikaw lang ang kakalampagin ko" I know he's trying to cheer me up but I also know that behind his joke, he's saying what his heart wants.

"Ako nalang sana, my flower. Give me a chance." I averted my gaze from the ice cream I'm holding to his face.

He's looking at me like I'm the only flower that matters in a garden full of young buds.

"I don't want to use someone just so that I can move on, Gold. Ayaw kitang paasahin. Ayaw kitang masaktan" I want him to realize that I can't use him. I'm not that cruel.

Gold is a nice man. A true gentleman and he deserves a kind of love that is unconditional. I'll only hurt him. if he insists on trying with me.

They say that holding a shattered glass will only make you bleed.

"It's fine with me, my flower. I'll water your withering bud. I'll be here even if after your bloom, you're still in love with him. You can use me as your temporary gardener. Just until your blooming season" The finality and firmness can be heard clearly from his tone like he's ready for whatever outcome his offer will have.

Should I take his offer? Am I ready to let my baby boy go? And accept Gold?

"Just say yes, my flower. You'll not gonna regret it" He gently grabs my free hand and bring it to his face.

A warm feeling suddenly envelopes my being. There's this ticklish feeling that suddenly invades my tummy.

Is this what they called butterflies in the stomach?

I look at his pleading eyes and heave out a deep sigh.

Maybe it's not bad to try, right? With Gold.

"Just until my blooming season" I'm now grabbing a chance to be happy again. To forget my baby boy Caelan and try with my gardener.

"Thank you, my flower. I'll do everything for you to forget him" He said with a shaking voice.

Damn! He's crying!

Seeing this man shedding tears of happiness because of me warms my heart.

Maybe, Gold can mend me. I'm hoping he can.

Goodbye my baby boy, till our next lifetime.

---

A/N: Tupang ina! HAHAHAHAHA I kennat 😭 I'm shitting tears while writing this HAHAHA I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much I enjoyed writing this one. Lovelots :*

-zyg