Story Two

[L] Clade in Lavender and Green

-DreamLand-

I never really dreamed, I never really had it in me to imagine such worlds as I slept...

But this was different.

When I opened my eyes I was somewhere normal, like something you would see on a postcard or in a travel commercial.

The mountains rose high above my head on both sides of me, rivers aplenty streaming down them into the green of the valley. Trees and bushes were in plentiful bounties, their foliage a crisp and healthy green. In the wind as it blew was the smell of herbs and flowers alike, everything had a glowing like presence to it, it was comforting to say the least. A place one would love to call home.

You could hear birds chirping happily, see the squirrels scarring around in the trees, and the bees flitting around from plant to plant.

I let out a small sigh in content as I knelt to the ground with a smile. I sat among the flowers and watched the bees and butterflies fly around peacefully when a semi harsh wind blew through the valley.

My hair fell from its updo into my face, getting a groan in response. I started to pull the hair back behind my ears when I opened my eyes and was met with ruby red eyes, shining as though they were rubies themselves. I shuffled backwards only to fall onto my back to see the beholder of the rudy eyes.

And above me stood a majestic green dragon looking down at my now slightly trembling body. I went stiff as he reached his head down and gently removed the rest of my hair from my face as I was doing before. He then laid on the ground in front of me, resting his head on my chest as I was still frozen.

I shifted my hand from my side and carefully placed it on his head in fear that it might attack me. But he didn't, he leaned into my touch as though he was starved of it in a way. I shifted upwards, moving his head to my lap as I ran my hand gently down his head in a petting-like motion.

He shifted in my lap, bringing himself around so he could wrap me up like a ball python in his tail. He moved his head again and rested it against my chest again as he covered us with his wings, his scales glowing a low green in the shade of his wings. I found myself melting into the embrace as though I too was starved of the dragon's touch, and not fighting the feeling I slowly drifted to sleep in the dragon's warming embrace.

I felt like I was at peace.

-Wakey Wakey Time-

A harsh gust of wind hit me, causing me to wake startled as I looked down from my napping spot on the top of Borg Tower. That's right, I forgot that I was patrolling this evening and fell asleep. Shifting up from my laying position I popped my back several times, letting out a satisfied sigh as I finished.

It was about 8:30 in the evening now, the sun was close to setting in the western horizon leaving the sky a cascade of pinkish-orange to a deep red gradient with barely a cloud in the sky. Nevertheless the sky looked beautiful at this time of day which is why I loved going on patrol so much. As I sat watching the sunset a police call came ringing through my earpiece pulling my attention away from the sky of paint.

"There has been a break in at the Museum, I repeat, a break in at the Museum. The silent alarms have been triggered in the gems and minerals department, I repeat, silent alarms in the gems and minerals department,"

The voice called out. I stood up with a satisfied smile and jumped from the roof of Borg Towers landing on the one next to it and so on till the Ninjago Museum came into view.