Story Five

[L] No One Knows

Lloyd's POV

"So, you came to visit your father. Yes?" Asked the warden of the jail as we walked down and passed all the new security that was implemented after the Sons of Garmadon's attack.

"Yes, I would like to get more information from him," I told him as I placed my hands behind my back. The warden just looked at me and shook his head. We walked in silence till we got to the bottom floor where they were keeping my father.

"He's cell is just up ahead, I will be in the control room monitoring," he said, pointing to a metal door labeled control room.

"Why is that you usually go in with me," I asked him, confused.

"Well the usual monitor for Garmadon is out on a mission from the Chief of Police to take down the last of the Sons of Garmadon that evaded us the first time," he started, but was cut off by his phone beeping. He quickly pulled it out and let out a sigh of relief.

"Speak of the devil and the devil shall respond. They will be here soon with the last of the group, it seems their hunt was successful," he said, some cheer evident in his voice.

"Why wouldn't you ask the ninja for help with that," I asked him.

"The person that was sent to get them has never, and I repeat never fail at any mission that they were assigned. I don't know how well you are in touch with the police, put you must have heard of the Wolf From Hell as they call 'em," he said, running his fingers through his mustache. My eyes went wide, the Wolf is the best officer that was served Ninjago so far, having the highest capture rate for a rookie, ever.

"Wait, so the Wolf is my father's monitor," I asked him, shocked.

"Well, yes. We felt that they would be the most qualified for the job. I mean the prisoners that they have brought in say the moment that they show any weakness, like tripping, falling, or even hesitating for a moment, they pounce on them. Anyway, I will be in there and you should be going in there," The warden said pointing to the door leading to my father.

I nodded my head and watched him enter the control room, locking the door behind him. I gulped and walked up to the large steel door. I stood in front of it and sighed as I placed my hand finger print scanner, when the scanner let out a small beeping noise the door started to open.

In a glass cage towards the middle of the room as my father sitting on his bed, his back to the door.

"I don't know what you want now little Wolf, but I am busy at the moment so come back later will you," my father said in an irritated voice.

"I am not the Wolf, I am your son," was all I said as I walked down the path that lead to his cell. He immediately perked up and hopped off the bed.

"Finally someone else besides that vile person," he scoffed as he approached the glass.

"So, what is the Green Ninja doing here, instead of protroling the city,"

"I came here to ask you some questions," I told him, straightening my posture and putting on my poker face, but I was too late.

"No, you came here to spend time with me. I already told you that the father you knew is long gone," He said, scowling at me. Before I could respond someone else entered and cut me off.

"Oh come on Garmadon. No one is truly gone, not even those who have passed on to the next world are still here with us," a voice called out from behind me.

"Oh great, look what the cats drug back in again," Garmadon said with venom dripping from his voice. In a flash, there was a girl standing next to me, with a smile on her face as she looked up at my father.