Story Eleven

[L] To Find a Way

⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️

Attempted Suicide

0. TO FIND A WAY

The night was quiet, only the sound of the waves crashing against the shore and the cracking of the old wooden pier could be heard. The moon above was full and shining down, reflecting in the waves of the bay, the stars shining with it. It was as if they were there to taunt or pity her for her choices, but there was no going back now, her choice was made.

She made her bed and she was going to sleep in it, everything she had done or thought led her to this moment and she could see it. The monks and scribes of Cloud Kingdom had written this very event themselve.

Her eyes that once were a deep blue like the ocean depths below where she stood were now dull and lifeless, her golden strands that were always pulled up and out of her face were left to whip around behind her in the wind as it gently blew towards her. Slipping her shoes off and stuffing her socks inside them she sat them down perfectly next to each other and placed her jacket that was neatly folded on top of them.

With one last breath she walked off the pier, falling into the icy water below. The water incompased her as she sank deeper, weight building up on her chest as the pressure increased. Opening her eyes, the salt stinging them as she looked up at the moon and the stars that looked down on her. This was it, was all that went through her mind as she closed her eyes and released the last bit of her air and hit the bay floor.

A disturbance in the freezing water and a warm embrace, but it faded, it was too late.

"Do you wish to live," a voice echoed through her mind.

"No, there's nothing left for me here. After all, it's my fate," she replied.

"But you can defy this so-called fate of yours,"

"Defying my fate, what was written for me and signed off on,"

"Fight, don't not Fly. Your element is the will to fight, to live, the will to defy one's fated path. Like a river you will crave another path, like the trees and the flowers you'll grow to light and around those that shadow you, you're nature. The light and chaos of life,"

"But how does one not Fly but Fight, Fly is all I've know,"

"You are Nature, and Nature finds a way,"

"Find a way; find a way; find... a .... way, find a,"

1. OPEN YOUR EYES

I flew upwards and coughed heavily, removing any remnants of salt water from my lungs. I held my head as a headache, no migraine, fiercely pounded in my skull. My sight was blurry and smudged as my eyes tried to focus on the room around me.

The room was fairly small but had the needed essentials. There was a dresser and mirror sitting across the room from me as I sat on the bed. My hair was tangled and matted, the clothes I was wearing were a little, and by little I mean hugely, too big for me, but my eyes had a faint blue glow to them as I looked at myself.

I pulled the blanket that was on me as I slept off and stood up, my feet hitting tatami mats as I did. I stretched my stiff muscles and tightened the waistband of the long sweatpants I was wearing.

'How am I alive, I thought that I....,'

"I fought, I was nature and carved my own path," I muttered to myself as I reached for the doorknob to open the door.