Story Three

[L] Dragon Dive Bomb

Chapter 0

The wind blew swiftly past me, whipping my hair all in my face. Inwardly groaning, I hastily moved the hair away but froze when I caught sight of what was in front of me. Standing above me was a majestic green dragon with piercing red eyes that looked straight through me.

The dragon let out a low growl as it lowered its head and gently pushed the rest of my hair away from my face. The feeling of being frozen faded away as I lifted my hand and slowly pressed it against its snout, it pressed back. I felt safe, I felt warm, and I felt at home. I put my head against its and just stood there, ravishing in the feeling.

The dragon in return wrapped its tail and wings around me safely and muzzled its head into my chest. I slowly fell asleep in its grasp, happy for once that I didn't feel lonely.

Chapter 1

I woke with a start, looking around my barren room and sighed. I was dreaming, but it felt so real to me. I looked down at my hand, still feeling the warmth of the dragon against it. I shifted off the bed and walked over to the curtains, pulling them open, letting the morning sun flood into my room.

I threw up the window and took a deep breath, calming my nerves. I turned towards the few boxes that sat next to my door, waiting for me to take them down to pack them into my car. Moving wasn't as fun as I thought it would be when I was younger, it was a lot of work sorting and packing everything and I was just one person but it made sense. I was given some other things like kitchen utensils and all so that I would have something to use when I moved.

I just sighed as I went to change so I could pack my sleepwear away and finish packing. As I folded the rest on my items a knock came from my door, it was my dad.

"You awake," he called through the door.

"Ya, just woke up not that long ago," I said, opening the door to let him in.

"I see your finished packing now. Are you ready," he asked.

"I'm as ready as any other 18 year old that's leaving their home on their own," I answered him, with a small smile.

"But you're prepared, that's what's different," my dad stated.

It was true, over the years I worked odd jobs here and there to save money for when I moved away. With my parents' help I bought a small apartment in a nice part of Ninjago City nearest the high school. I was moving for a better schooling opportunity so that when I graduated I would have a better chance at getting a good job or getting into a good college.

"I guess you could say that," I said, smiling down at my hand.

"You seem a lot more happier this morning, what happened to my grumpy little girl," dad asked, ruffling my already messy hair.

"I just had a good dream last night, that's all," I answered as I walked out of the room to the kitchen to see my mum cooking breakfast and my sister sitting sleepily at the table.

"Oh, you're up! That's good, I'm just about to finish making breakfast," my mum said as I took a set at the table, getting my sisters attention.

"Why are you leaving me," she asked, sleep still laced in her voice.

"I'm not leaving you, I'll still see you when you come to visit me or I go to visit you," I told her, pushing her hair out of her face.

"But you're still leaving," she stated, crossing her arms across her chest.

"You can visit me, you have all summer to do so. You can even call me, and if you convince mum and dad you can take the bus system to come visit me," I said to her, whispering the last part.